cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

edith2

A Good-Bye Letter to Cigarettes.......

In Annabelle's "Quit Smoking Kit" she mentions a Good-Bye letter to cigarettes. What would you write in a letter saying good-bye?

Photobucket
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
edith2

Dear Cigarettes,
I left you over four years ago and I haven't missed you at all. I'm glad you are no longer in my life! I should have left you alot longer ago. Leaving you was not as bad as I expected, but I hope I never have to leave you again. You altered my relationship with my family, you hurt my kids, you robbed me of thousands of dollars and some of the damage you did to me is permanent. I used you to cover up feelings I should have dealt with. Because I you, I smelled horrible for years along with my home and car. I am no longer a slave to you and you no longer control every aspect of my life. I'm glad that there are more places added every day where you are not allowed. I loath you, I hate you, and I never want you in my life again!
0 Kudos
cindy16

Glad to be rid of you. You ruled my life for way too long. I plan on living to see my Grand Children one day.
0 Kudos
laura-waters

Dear smokes, cigs, cancer sticks, stinking smelly
i am a nurse and i have watched you take many a people away too early in life I ve seen their pain an agony they went thru and left so many families to grieve for them ...................for the rest of their lifes,
their loved ones gone due to their addictions to you. Cancer and death is a bi product of your power ......................I never underestimate your magnitude and power you have over peoples life
you manipulated me for years and left me mentally and respiratory depleted for the rest of my life due to my ignorance............ i am in control of of my life now and hope i will be around to see my grandchildren grow up.
0 Kudos
susan52

Today I say good-bye to an old and trusted friend. I know that I kept you with me in the moments of fear, sadness, boredom, loneliness, elation, stress, and when I just needed a reprieve from this busy life as working mom, wife, daughter, sister, and neighbor. Its true- I loved you very much. You calmed my nerves, became my reward system, sat with me and was on my side when I had spats with the hubby, and you never talked back or disagreed. I am honestly saddened to now accept that despite all you have done, you are not a friend at all. You kill me in inches, isolate me from society, fill me with shame, make me smell, yellow my teeth, and keep me from processing my real feelings, I can't afford to sit with you anymore, take walks in the dark with you to hide you from people, ask you to celebrate my successes and soothe me through the rough times. You have been my parent, my sedative, my escape, and my treat. I cannot, however, allow you to be my life anymore. I will miss you, but I will move on.
0 Kudos
pat-h.

Dear Cig's
You've been my best friend. Always there, during good times; bad times; happy and sad; bored or energetic; depressed and euphoric! You've always been there. You had me convinced that I couldn't live without you.
The reality is.......I can't live WITH you! So, although for this moment, I do like you, I still want you to be my friend, but I have decided that I want to BREATH more!!!
Sooooooo...sorry about your luck! You just lost a friend! And it took me all of these years to figure out that you are nothing but a con artist and liar!
Bye bye!
0 Kudos