cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jen40

Its not getting any easier as the time goes by

It's a battle of witts lol. I'm fighting it and hopeing I will win and not the nicotine. Some minutes are harder then others but when its not in your face and you don't put your self around it its alittle easier.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jacob4

It helps to keep busy, too. If boredom is one of your triggers, maybe you should try getting a new hobby or something to help pass the time. i plan on starting to run again soon - my goal is to be able to run as far as i could back in high school, but it'll take months before I can go 7 or 8 miles without stopping.

short term goals, like making it home from work without lighting up a cigarette, help keep you smoke free for now. long term goals help make sure you have a reason to keep from relapsing.
0 Kudos
jen40

Yup, it's just hard when your a stay at home mom, cause theres not much to keep you busy. Even though the kids and cleaning and laundry keep me busy, but then what about the down times, those are the times when I want one the most. I'm sure I can find something to do, this website actually helps me, it makes the time go by and I don't really have to many cravings when I'm on the computer. So I guess that will be my hobby lol lol. I do go for walks but I used to smoke on the walks lol.
0 Kudos