cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

debbie11

WooHoo 12 Weeks

Chantix is not for everyone but my husband and I have done superb on it. We are at our 12 week mark but only have been non-smokers for 9 weeks(we cheated the other 3).
I had bad nausea and wild dreams. My husband had no nausea and only few dreams. I had the mood swings coupled with menupause and the death of my mother.
We made it through and I wish all as good results as we have had. I have made a vow to never pick up another cigarette in my life no matter what. We did have to put a lot of effort into quitting. Chantix is the wonder drug but you have to make it happen. Chantix started controlling the cravings after about 2 weeks of taking it.
The old saying "old habits are hard to break" really fits the bill when it comes to quit smoking. But you can do it with the want to and will power.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND PUT YOUR BEST INTO IT. IF YOU DON'T CHANGE HABITS YOU WON'T QUIT.

Debbie
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
marleen

I have a question? After you stop taking the Chantix are the cravings still manageble?
0 Kudos
debbie11

Yes manageable but i still have an occasional..."Damn I want a cigarette" which last a few minutes and is gone. I'm giving it my all and my vow to never pick up another one.

Good Luck and keep going.

Debbie
0 Kudos
donna22

Hi Debbie, congratulations to both of you....I'm taking Chantix also and I have had slight nasea and vivid dreams,but nothing too bad....keep up the good work
Donna
0 Kudos