cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

chargergirl24

New Kid on the Block

Hi All -

I'm super new to this site...as in I joined roughly 5 minutes ago. I'm wondering if people here are still smoking and trying to quit or has everyone already stopped and are here for support? And am I the only mom here who gets the guilt trip and/or lectures from their kids? Admittedly - they must work somewhat as my kids are a major motivator for wanting to quit.

Good luck to everyone regardless of what phase you are in! : -)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
melissa9

Some still smoke. I did up til May 22nd. My kids are what helped me to stop smoking. No you are not the only mom to get that. My girls did it to me. read my about me on my page and you will see what my youngest did to make me quit.
0 Kudos
theresa18

Congrat's Heaven, Stay strong & enjoy all the new feeling's and pride !!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
ellen3

Hi,
My quit day is tomorrow, I'm already sad thinking about it. I've done it before and I go in and out of sad moods...I need to do it one day/hour at a time...stay positive and keep busy. It's supposed to be hot as blazes here in New England this weekend...who wants to smoke when you're hot and sweaty???? Right???? Wish me luck and cheer me on. Good luck to all of you!
Ellen
0 Kudos
tania2

Welcome!!! I'm in the quitting phase right now. I'm off cigs for 14 days now...and surprisingly I have done anyone damage!!
0 Kudos
molly3

I quit on May Mother's Day this year (26 days today)-I quit years ago for almost 3 years "for my kids" but it didn't last. Both of my kids who HATED my smoking turned into smokers in their teen years (talk about a major guilt trip!)-this time I quit for me and feel I am now a non-smoker already. I hope to encourage my kiddos (22 & 20) now to follow suit and kick the habit.
I am doing it on my own without drugs/gum/patches and found the separation stages to be the most helpful-take the time to cut back from the habit before saying goodbye for good. Best of luck to all everyone!
0 Kudos

My kids are kings of the guilt trips. They only do it to help you in their own way. I am still trying to quit. I did good for a couple of days and then bam it was back. I like this support group because it gives you many outlets for your addiction. Hang in there. I know you can do it.
0 Kudos
amanda46

i get the same from my kids. and i am also new to this site i joined like 5 mins ago too. i think that it is easier said than done so i hope there are people in here that can share a little advice for the both of us.
0 Kudos
angie8

I'm new too I'm not really sure how this works I have 3 kids on me all the time to quit My quit date is the 27th of this month after our vacation i dont think i can handle it before that
0 Kudos
angie8

thanks robin are you still smoking i am very nervous about quitting well more nervous about failing
0 Kudos