cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daily Pledge, Bonfires and Quit Celebrations: Traditions born from the members

lauren22

ONE YEAR!! YES!!

I can't believe I'm almost there. On 01/27/09 it will be 1 yr quit! I was very scared I would revert to my old habits, but I didn't! I succeeded and every day that goes by it gets easier and easier. I'm so proud of myself and although I am still working on my health its getting soo much better. I've also lost 30 lbs in the last 3 months! Holy cow! I'm still working on it, but at least I'm headed in the right direction. If you would have told me 1 yr ago this is where I would be physically and mentally I would not have thought it was possible. But I'm here to say it is possible! I've done it! Hell yes life is grand!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
barbara42

girl, you have said what so many of us have wondered about, would it ever get any better and would i ever loose the weight i have gained, you give us so much hope, bless you for doing that and one whole year is just some thing peace!
0 Kudos
carlie

I agree with Barbara....tou are not only an inspiration...but you give hope !!!! I don't have a problem with my weight....but almost every one here is gaining weight when they first quit....wondering if it will EVER go away !!!! Thanks for the HOPE !!!!

hmmmmmmmm......January 27th....guess we have a LOT of birthdays in January, hey Barbara ????

Congrats early to you, Lauren !!!! Heck of a job well done !!!!!!!
0 Kudos
John-C.

Congrats!
0 Kudos
melro1973

OMG! Congratulations! Even though we don't know each other, I am so happy for you. I can't wait to get to the point you're at (it's been 1 week for me). They say if you quit for a year, you'll most likely never smoke again. Woo Hooooo! You go, Girl!
0 Kudos