cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Treehugger85

Does a quit make you feel like you're getting sick?

So I'm now on day 4 and I've felt so far okay. No real symptoms except irritability and cravings. Tonight though something has hit me.  After another horrendous day at work, which I called off early, I came home.

I was sooo much more tired than I'm used to being. A nap isn't even cutting it when I do get home!

Everything everyone says to me in my mind I'm going whatever and not really following what they say. 

I'm irritable

I'm stuffy

I'm not real sneezy like you would be with a cold.

I'm taking vitamins and stuff so I'm not sure what it could be!  I know it's not covid, I still can taste and I can smell.  I don't have a fever.

My husband is saying take tomorrow off! Forget everything and just rest!!!! I think I'm going to take his advice, I really do but could it be my quit? Or am I just working myself too hard?

5 Replies

It really can be. All the symptoms sound like from quitting smoking. My doctor told me that many of her patients told her that inability to focus was a big one. When I quit I was all stuffed up. Some people here told me they didn’t experience it but I did. But with all that said, Tree, with Covid going on you really should be tested. I’ve had Covid. I didn’t have a fever but I was tired as heck. Couldn’t figure out why. I had to get Covid test just because I had a colonoscopy scheduled. Lo snd behold it came back positive. Then it made sense why I was so tired. Just don’t chance it with this virus. 

Treehugger85

Already got a covid test, I was negative

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I know some of withdrawal symptoms we experience don't seem to make sense.  But remember, you've eliminated nicotine and a multitude of chemicals from your body.  It's going to react.  There's something called smoker's flu.  It really means you're body is healing.  Listen to your body right now.  If you need to rest, rest.

But it's important to remember if any symptoms last too long, check with your doctor.  We can't contribute everything to quitting smoking.

Barb

RoseH

Click on the link below to learn the effects of quitting smoking on our bodies:

Effects of Quitting Smoking on the Body 

Don’t worry...  your miraculous body knows how to heal itself!  Rosemary