cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RoseH

Nothing Else Matters When You Can’t Breathe

Gasping for Breath.jpeg

Every cigarette you smoke takes away health and lifespan...  And as we age, our past smoking habits worsen the situation!  The more you know, the easier it will be to stop the madness and the fact that smoking kills us slowly!

Click on the link below:

https://www.quora.com/How-many-minutes-does-one-cigarette-take-off-your-life-expectancy?share=1

You can do this!  And we are all here to help!  Take it one day at a time and always remember that quitting smoking is the best thing you can do for your health and well being!  If I can do it, after over 50 years of chain smoking, and then quitting “Cold Turkey”, so can you!  Rosemary

3 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Rosemary RoseH ... this is so true...my mom hated my smoking because she was raised by smokers and hated the smell...she told me once that my grandfather died of  Emphysema at the age of 52 and the night before he died he was in the hospital hitting his own head against the wall because he couldn’t breath and panicked...I think of him often because of having asthma (induced from my smoking) and when I have an attack and can’t breath, needless to say, I can’t imagine in last moments of life...100% I agree “When you can’t breath, you have nothing”...God bless you for sharing this post...wishing you a Happy Thursday....Colleen 

RoseH

Thank you, Colleen  sweetplt‌ !

Cousin-Itt

So true Rosemary.  How I remember exerting myself and while gasping for air reaching for a cigarette

Hope you are having a good day