cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

Linn2331

Day 12. Depressed. Stuffy nose, yuch throat. UGH

I have to say to start off i could not finish answering yesterdays because i am so damn depressed today. Let me also explain that tomorrow is 13 years since my daughter (oldest) was killed in a wreck with three of her friends and 13 days since I quit. But I WOKE with this depression. I feel like crying. I have CONSTANT heartburn it seems no matter what i eat and it hurts. SOMEBODY PLEASE tell me this is okay or at least SOMEONE has gone through it. I know partial of the depression is my daughter but this is the worst since she passed. HELP please. I am in tearsQ  

Labels (1)
20 Replies

I am so sorry for your pain. I know somewhat what you’re going through. It’s nothing compared to losing your child but I lost my sister to breast cancer when she was 51. I see what it does to my mom so I know what it must be like for you. My mom told me that there’s an old Korean saying: when a parent dies, you bury them in the mountain but when your child dies you bury them in your heart. 

I’m day 70 today and I’m here to say it does get better. I was a hot mess the first week. I had all the symptoms of a cold or allergy. Lost taste and smell. But not sure what that was due to since I also had Covid. I have heard some people here say they’ve experienced sinus issues and such. Please read articles here about nicotine withdrawal symptoms. It helped me a lot. I hope that you will stay smoke free. In that respect I can say, more days you have better you will feel. 

Linn2331

Hannahkim12345‌. Thank you! Yes, she and her baby brother are in my heart. He was 2 days old. I am glad to hear it isn’t just me. Ugh. I really do not even have the withdrawal so much as the constant blah feeling, lack of sleep and heart burn. I am so grateful for all of you here. Again, thank you so much! I read the withdrawals and symptoms. Maybe I missed some. I am still learning to navigate around. 

0 Kudos
dsprague

I am very sorry for what you are going through, I have not gone through what you are, but I can say if you want to talk we are here. I can say that I am in my 18th day and I have gotten some of those symptoms, they will pass. I think with everything you are going through it’s making it worse. Only time and patience will help. Breath, read and pray as we will for you.

Linn2331

dsprague‌ Thank you. I did not want to even mention it but wondered if that was why. I am glad to know it is not just me. Thank you so much and I appreciate you and all of you who help. I am trying to help others like myself but I had to step back because I think maybe I need to be further along so i do not scare them into going back. It does get better as far as the Physical really fast. I will accept all the prayer offered! I am praying for all of us too!

dsprague

Sorry did forget 1 thing, you need time for yourself 

maryfreecig

Big hug Linn2331. I'm so sorry for the loss of your daughter. Your march forward in smobriety is prayer in action--even when things seem darkest. One day at a time, yes you can.

Linn2331

maryfreecig‌, thank you very much! I did not smoke today. I made it through yes I did. Thank you. It was a tough one!

maryfreecig

I'm so glad you made it through, Linn2331.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Awe I am SOOOOO sorry about YOUR daughter - please I am just sharing to be HELPFUL

Understanding the emotional stages of loss when quitting smoking 

and GOOD JOB staying quit NO matter what life on lifes terms throws at YOU - WAY TO GO