cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Rachy2283

No man's land

I just did a search on no man's land to share the article I read which was very informative.  It made me bawl as I started reading some of these posts from other people who are in no man's land.  One was 170 days and still felt like they were having a hard time.  What a disgusting thing to make a product so addictive and so destructive.  To all those in no man's land.... Hang in there.  I will be there before I know it and my heart goes out to you. .  One day at a time and my prayer is that we all make it through this STRONGER, HEALTHIER, BETTER, MORE ALIVE, AND BEST OF ALL FREE!!

FFFFRRRRREEEEEEEEEDDDDOOOOMMMMMM!!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AnnetteMM

No Man's Land is a great opportunity to find out and squash all the triggers that pop up out of nowhere. The physical addiction is pretty much worked out, so now it's social and emotional stuff, and body memory of smoking. I can tell you have a good "quit-i-tude" and will make the best of all these resources. Good for you!

Rachy2283

I'm on day 1 again sis. . Just trying to read read read so I am educated on all the ins and outs this time.  This time is the last time!! This quit is it!!

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Glad to see you are reading, preparing and planning for your future.....

BUT - this is a one day at a time journey, so while it's good to understand what is and will happen, you should aim to just quit for today. You need to do whatever it takes just to get through TODAY and let the tomorrows come as they may. Don't yet be worrying about No Mans Land  - some dread it only to find it only has a few days of discomfort.

Just quit for this day, THIS hour, THIS minute!  (and you will be successful!)

Rachy2283

Thank you and you are right!!.  Was trying to share it with someone in no man's land and my heart went out to those struggling as I searched for the original article. I am tenderhearted towards people with any kind of struggles.  This life is hard but what we go through makes us STRONGER, WISER, BETTER, and RISING from the ASHES is my life story!! 

0 Kudos