cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Troutnut1

Imagine...

Imagine 7 airliners falling out of the sky every single day of every single year and killing 200 people in each crash.

That’s how many people nicotine is killing annually. And that is just in the United States. 480,000!

And it begs the question....where the heck are all the people who don’t want to be on one of those airliners? Why aren’t they here trying to get out of boarding?

We are WAY past the point in history when nicotine addiction of any variety is considered normal and acceptable. Anyone using nicotine nowadays MUST know they have a problem.

I’m so glad we are all here. I’m so glad I am here. But how can we get the rest of them here? How can they be saved?

Your friend in Montana

Troutnut1-dennis

5 Replies
indingrl

Thanks for sharing Dennis and I am glad I n.o.p.e. today

Just like us, each person will have to go through their own epiphany. It was a long road for me to get here. Intellectual I knew it’s bad but psychologically I never wanted to face up to it. It’s so much denial. Then, for some, it’s too late. I’m thankful I’m here. 48 days today!

elvan

I think you are right, there is absolutely no reason to smoke these days, however, if I was still smoking, I would fight like a crazy person to hold onto that "right."

Good to hear from you.

Ellen

sweetplt

Hi Troutnut1 glad to see a post from you...this is so true, not sure how you get them here to quit, other than they must want it for themselves...often when someone told us through the years we should quit smoking, we thought yeah...but most of the times did nothing...all good points you make...wishing you and your’s a Merry Christmas....~ Colleen 751 DOF

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

We can make the choice whether we live or die.

0 Kudos