cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

Covid Anxiety

So here we are 10 months dealing with the horrific pandemic and no signs of it ending.  Since my last posting I lost yet another friend to Covid19 and my partners 97 year old mom who caught it in her Nursing Home.  I can't any more; this is just getting to my core and I cannot help but think 'if' I get it but 'When'.  I take all the precautions to stay safe and I'm angered by all the idiots who think of this as just a flu.  It's Not just a flu; it's deadly X 100.  Many do survive, thank God, but others aren't as lucky.

I pray our New President will take hold of this and do what our last president failed to do. ACT!!!  5 months have past since our president sat down with the Coronavirus team; he's washed his hands of it and all America as he passes the time playing golf.

I've fallen into a depression and my anxiety is through the roof.  We all want our lives back and to love and share with our family and friends.  When?????

Sorry for this doom and gloom note but, I know I can vent to my friends here.  I wish all of you a Happy and safe Thanksgiving.

Still not smoking just as FYI 

21 Replies
Barbscloud

Sorry you've experienced more losses.   I didn't know anyone who had COVID until last week.  My cousins husband passed away and my cousin was hospitalized with it, but is home now.  All of this is so tragic, but we have to move forward and be grateful for the good things we have in our lives.  We shut everything down here when this all started and now that it seems to be worse, they're not even thinking about doing that again.  I don't know--doesn't make sense to me.  The holidays will certainly be different this year, but I'm hoping it will only be for one year.  I'm doing Thanksgiving dinner, but making up plates for my siblings instead of their being here in person.  It's disappointing, but we have to make the best of it.  I do hope with the change in government there will be improvement on how this is handled--it certainly hasn't been handled well up to now.  

Stay strong.   It may take longer than we like, but we will get through this.  

Barb

maryfreecig

You've been through a lot regarding covid 19. I'm sorry the toll it is taking on you. Hang on, the end is in sight--vaccines are well near being approved and made in large quantities and dispersed. I assume those who need it the most will get it first. But we are not at an unknown point, we will get beyond this, hang on, stay smober.

Vent away--I hope it helps.

Maki

You say you can't , I say ..

Yes you can . 

You were a smoker who thought you couldn't and one day at a time you are still getting through all the struggles, all the anxiety , all the stress you've done it and are continuing to stay smoke free . You have strength Ralph . Keep taking one day at a time , use some distraction tools . Sometimes a way to receive hope is to give hope . If you know someone who may be sad today as well maybe give them a phone call and brighten their spirit , it will brighten yours as well . 

I am so very sorry for your losses . My condolences to you , your partner and to your friends and families . 

I feel in my gut and in my heart that things will improve soon , stay safe , follow protocols like you've been doing and don't give up . 

JACKIE1-25-15

My condolences for all of your losses.  I am glad you felt safe that you could come here and vent. I hope it helped. I pray that your anxiety will be lessened. I believe that this too shall pass if we all come together and work as one instead of a divide.  God bless you and your family as you go through this journey of your life.  My deepest sympathy. NOPE will keep you free. 

MarilynH

I'm so sorry for all that you are going through and having to deal with another loss huge caring hug coming your way Ralph and I also hope and pray that your next President can and will get a grip on this horrid Coronavirus and that the people will do what needs to be done to control this pandemic, stay safe and stay close.....

elvan

Ralph,

l am so sorry for all oh your losses, you have gotten GREAT advice from some amazing people. My heart goes out to you.

Ellen

RachelMB

Always good to see you Ralph-I'm so sorry to hear of your recent losses.  You can do this!  Remember you are much stronger than you think.  I will be thinking of you.  xoxoxo

Rachel

Strudel

I am so sorry for the losses in your life. This is such a horrible time and I join you in hoping that our next President will help to lead us out of this...... 

virgomama

I read a comment from Ethel Perkins, founder of AARP.  She said the best way to have hope is to give it to someone else.  My condolences for your loss.  Pease stay safe.  You have made it this far.  This too shall pass.  We just need to persevere.  In a country used to having our every whim met within a millisecond this has been a trial.  But we are strong.