cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Suzinut

Who is in NO MAN'S LAND??

I am 43 days smoke free!  (yay me!)  But boy, do I feel I am in NO MAN'S LAND!  Everything that blog post says is true.  I am just wondering if there are people here on the site at the same place so we can commiserate together!  LOL!  Good luck to all of us, old and new!

8 Replies
YoungAtHeart

No luck needed!  It'll help if you pull out the tools you found useful early in your quit and use them yet again.  This should not be as difficult as those early days, but effort will still be required from time to time.

Just promise yourself you will come here and blog "HELP" and give us time to talk you down off the ledge before you light up again.

Like the early days, this, too, shall pass, and you will find it getting easier and easier.

Hang in there, stay busy for awhile again, until it does!

Suzinut

Thank you for responding and I definitely will come here and scream HELP!  if I need it!  I just keep remembering the reasons for my quit and that helps me too, to come off the ledge!

Barbscloud

I do remember that period.  I was so happy I knew about it in advance.   Use the tools you've been using from day 1 and you'll be fine.  Just reach out of you get close to the ledge.

Barb

MarilynH

We're all here for you to help you in any way we can stay close, deep breaths and keep moving forward stacking up those precious DOF ~ Days Of Freedom so each evening you can say YAY for another Day WON.....

b5280581bf21b53c6d328b6c2941af42.jpg

Maki

If you believe it , you will stay there 130 days .  My advise would be to acknowledge and move forward . I never was in no mans land . No disrespect to those who do believe in it . It's quite popular for AA people or dual addictions or 12  steppers and was adapted from that but I did not experience this . Not trying to cause discord , just think it's best to acknowledge that it may be you , true , but don't park there . Move on because if you stay there it can be quite depressing . You should be focusing on enjoying your free gift today . Go out and walk , do things that bring you joy . Just my opinion , and I understand it may not help . Take what helps your quit and leave the rest it may help someone else whose stuck there . I hope you get out of that space of mind soon . 

tyndallgw

Hi Suzinut.  Day 90 for me, and I have to say it's not always been rosy with me.  On the bright side, however, things are better overall compared to earlier in my quit.

MarilynH

How are you doing this evening Suzinut?

green1611

NML is different feeling altogether! 

Important step in quitting process. The worst is going to be over sooner....that is assured.

MY NML days.... if I try to remember, I remember nothing, but I know I was living in different world....doing my routine work, talking to usual people, sleeping, reading, walking, driving, eating, earning money, and what not...everything (except smoking), .... but all such activities were half minded like.

Take care, you will pass NML test too !

All the best