cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nfree68

Someone else in house smokes juul too

I am trying to stop juul. I have stopped smoking cigarettes for 25 years but juul is different bc you can smoke all day long. It’s constant. Also my husband smokes juul as well so I can’t get rid of anything. I’ve given up as long as 3 weeks. Any ideas.

0 Kudos
4 Replies

I never vaped, but my boyfriend still smokes while I quit. Would your husband be willing to not vape in the house? Or at least never in the same room as you? Maybe there's a dedicated room he can vape in? Also he needs to put his vape stuff where you don't know where it is and is out of site. At the end of it though, it is your quit and your choice to start again or not. It's really tough to quit, and harder when you live with someone who still is using. Keep close to this site, and reach out when you need support and encouragement. 

Nfree68

Thank you. I agree. Your advice helps! It’s up to me.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  From all the vapers we've gotten recently it sounds harder to quitting than smoking.   But you can do it.   Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.   Others on this site have quit with a smoker/vaper living with them.  Certainly ask for his cooperation, but remind yourself that this is your quit, no one else's.  Reach out if you need support.

Barb

sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...

If you quit smoking, you can quit vaping...the problem was trading one addiction for another...and after being here for almost 2 years, I agree, it seems that quitting vaping is harder, but it is doable.  First, you may want to also join this group for help E-Cig and Vape Quitters and Users ...then, I would suggest you read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and make a plan for your quit...talk to your husband about vaping anywhere, but around you....this is your quit, not his, but he can support you by vaping not around you.  Then, use the support site to get help and encourage others in this journey.  Lastly, don’t feed the addiction, no matter what, stay quit...fight it, keep busy, sleep, take a walk, etc., anything just don’t feed it...Remember we are here for you...now get working ... Colleen 679 DOF