cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

indingrl

Switching to less.....

Has anyone switched YOUR fav cig to less tar and less nicotine......I smoked marlboro reds and wanted to STOP smoking so I switched to marlboro lights ...... Just asking and FYI it didn't work for ME

Tags (1)
15 Replies
YoungAtHeart

The difference between the two is .3 mg of nicotine.  Don't think it would really make a difference since you are still feeding those brain sensors.  You might even need to smoke MORE of them to get the same high you are used to getting.

It probably won't work for most people - just one way to postpone the inevitable if you choose not to be addicted anymore.

jmho!

indingrl

Thank you for sharing

Maki

I switched to light when I smoked because I thought I was doing myself a favor smoking less tar and nicotene. I could justify my continuing to smoke by cutting them both down , and convince myself , but the fact it wasn't making any change to the damage already done . Only quitting permanently , not one puff could do that for me . Cutting down may work for some but it did not for me . I'm an All or nothing and I chose nothing .  That worked . 

indingrl

Thanks for sharing

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Remember when Carltons first came out and they were so low in nicotine and tar everyone thought they'd be a great way to quit? Didn't quite turn out that way.

indingrl

Yes Carlton - I bummed one off a co worker and it wasn't enough nicotine for me and I asked her why are you smoking these she said she was quitting smoking- just sharing

sweetplt

I smoked Marlboro ultra light regulars...wow haven’t said that in a long time...

indingrl

Thanks for sharing

elvan

I smoked many different brands over the years, settled on Marlboro Special Lights...or something like that, 100's and no matter what I smoked, I still smoked.  I tried brands I hated but I still smoked them.  It was an all or nothing thing for me.  NOPE.

Ellen