cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tibbetsethan

Made it through Day 2!

Hey everyone, so I don't have much of a support system here that understands much of what I'm going through other than my Grandma who doesn't really remember her quit because she was really sick in the hospital so I figured I'd post this on here  I have Huntington's Disease, GAD (Anxiety Disorder), and Schizoaffective Disorder and am on day 2 of quitting vaping and I feel better than I have in years but at the same time I feel irritable and not "that" great maybe in a little bit of an anxious fog. I have a lot to be proud of today though, I even was able to refuse my first cigarette on just day 2! I also have only been using the NRT (Nicotine gum was my choice) when I absolutely needed it on really big cravings when I am really anxious. Nights are the hardest for me, I take Ambien right now that way I can get at least a little sleep, we are being careful to not over do it on the sleeping pills though! For the most part I am powering through it, I actually didn't know you'd still have withdrawals on the gum but I am dealing with them alright. The most important thing is that I haven't caved or given up, and my body is already feeling... better in a way I can't describe. I thought I would kind of share what I am going through in a mini post because I don't know how to do the blog thing and it is always cool to receive support and other people's stories and what they have went through, feel free to share what day you're on and what was your toughest moment of being quit. You all have really inspired me a lot and have played a big role in me quitting. I am ready to take on tonight and life as an Ex!

3 Replies
RainbowHeart

Hi @tibbetsethan , welcome! You will find lots of information and great people here. I too have GAD and Schizoaffective, so if you ever want to chat about quitting and your mental health I'm around quite a bit. Congratulations on your 2 days of freedom and keep close to the site for a while, post if you need help, and wait for 3 responses before you vape.

MarilynH

Welcome to the community @tibbetsethan you've made the best decision that you'll ever make in your lifetime and it's definetly the best gift that you'll ever give ourselves which is the GIFT OF LIFE stay close because we're all here to help you in any way we can congratulations on day two that's awesome YAY for another Day WON it's definetly not easy by any stretch of the imagination BUT with commitment and perseverance you will succeed in living a life of Freedom....

Barbscloud

@tibbetsethan  Are you still with us?

Barb

0 Kudos