cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

zaxa11

I Want a Cigarette!!!

God!  I really want one.  I'm going to get busy with some housework and see if that helps.  Then we'll put Ms Muppet (my cat), in her stroller and take her for a walk.  I am frustrated.  Actually, the last thing I want is a cigarette, but I want a cigarette!

AHHHHHHHHH!  HELP!!!!!!!!

11 Replies
Jen_819

You are doing the right thing by getting busy and coming here. The urge will pass. Take some deep breathes and feel the air in your lungs. YOU GOT THIS!!!!

0 Kudos
zaxa11

I'm over it.  Took a little over ten minutes but I'm over it.  Thanks for looking at my rave.  If I can get through times like that, I can get through anything!  Zaxa

Jen_819

Yes you can!!! I get so nervous that I am going to cave, but I need to stay strong. This is my third try and I am on Day 2. Fingers crossed this is the final try!!

YoungAtHeart

Jen_819 

If you keep the index fingers crossed with the middle fingers on both hands - you can't hold a cigarette now, can you??!!!!!

Not the worst idea I've ever had!

Jen_819

Love this!! So thoughtful  

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Yep - the early days of a quit SUCK bit time - no two ways about it.  You are doing the right thing, though - staying busy and keeping your mind off of it.  Sometimes just writing out how you feel will outlast the crave, sometimes it's taking kitty for a stroller ride (what an adorable idea!)

Whatever it takes.  Just get through these early days, knowing this WILL get easier - I promise!

indingrl

Do jumping jacks - SAVE THOSE LUNGS WITH YOUR LOVE - N.O.P.E .

elvan

No crave ever killed anyone but NO ONE can say that about smoking.  I LOVE the idea of taking the cat for a walk in a stroller, hahaha.  You made it through this crave, you can make it through the next one.  The addiction is a spoiled brat but YOU are in charge of the quit.  

Ellen

green1611

There are cravings... please do not think over it.

You are rightfully getting busy in other work. That will help you.

Cravings come and go.

All the best !