cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

greg14

Welcome Everyone to the group.

I just like to thank everyone who joins ths group. I made this group for the 30 something crowd . The ones that are not 20 something-ers, but not reaching social security yet either! We are the stressed, over worked in the middle of lfe crowd and I thought we needed a group.
All I ask for the group is that you respect each other, give support to your fellow quitter!

You can do it !
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
angel6

Hey Greg!

Thanks for starting this group. I hope more join soon. My quit date is 07/07/08.
0 Kudos
deegee

Hi Greg,

I guess people our age and smoked as long as we have really can understand how hard this is. Thanks for starting this I'll check in periodically. Wish me luck. I'm going to quit totally on my vacation next month.
0 Kudos
angel6

Good luck Dorreen! > :0 )
0 Kudos
cris2

I am going on my Day 7 and I am really in need of support. I come here often to get out of my head because right now all my head knows how to do is smoke! I really miss my bf.
I will say A variety of people young and older have gotten me through the toughest times. Too, I think this group sounds great.
0 Kudos
cris2

Thats great on your quit date! I am here for you!
0 Kudos
cris2

You know thats funny you would say that because I was thinking that many of my 30ish friends had been smoking since 12ish or a little after. We all do have much in common where smoking comes from...
0 Kudos
sherri10

I'm at the end of the 30 something spectrum, 37 going on quickly in October to 38! But I have the maturity of a teenager. 🙂

Do I qualify???
0 Kudos
sherri10

Now that I think about it, I might not even be that mature!
0 Kudos
deegee

Cris,
After I joined this group I decided to try and not smoke. Well I'm on day 8 at 1:00 pm. I'm lucky I have a great bunch of people proud of me at work and home. My husband is now trying to quit. He's cut back, taking it slow, but cutting back and were going to do this together. Things I do when the cravings hit; I try keeping busy, I leave little chores not done so I 'll have something to do, also I found that if I brush my teeth I'm good to go, lots of water and just telling myself don't smoke.

You keep up the good work and I'll do the same.
0 Kudos