cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

PastTense

At the grumpy stage

I woke up with a headache this morning - a sure sign that we'll have thunderstorm this afternoon.  It might sound folksy and quaint to predict the weather based on what hurts, but it is neither.  I swear, my head is an accurate barometer.  I can feel the pressure build and nothing but standing in a hot shower or a thunderstorm will bring relief.

Or maybe I'm just grumpy and edgy and blaming it on the weather.

I'm just gonna sit here and rub my temples and be grumpy. 

PT

Keeping the quit

Day 6

Keep the Quit
PT
8 Replies
Barbscloud

We could use a thunderstorm here.  Grass is all brown!   Might as well blame it on something!

Congrats on day 6.

Barb

Christine13

it's ok to be grumpy - hope your headache goes away soon.

elvan

Grumpy is acceptable, smoking would make you grumpier. I have rheumatoid arthritis & before a particularly strong change in the weather, I will have severe pain & swelling. I heard the headache thing not that long ago & it actually makes sense. The fluid in my joints acts like a barometer. I suspect people with sinus issues have the same response. 
Go ahead & be grumpy...there is nothing wrong with that & it won’t hurt you like smoking would.

Ellen

0 Kudos
indingrl

PT and congrats 6dof

0 Kudos
beazel

I can believe the barometer thing, my sister is the same way (and says the same thing!)

Sometimes grumpy is adorable............

A Fond Farewell to Grumpy Cat, the Internet's Most Famous Feline | Digital Trends

YoungAtHeart

Grumpy is OK

Smoking is not

End of story.

virgomama

Hope your headache went away and you're still quit.  My joints are my barometer.  Might be folksy but the body can be pretty reliable  barometer.  May today be a better day.

0 Kudos
elvan

virgomama‌ and PastTense‌ Years ago, I took a flight from Virginia to NY and close to landing time, I started feeling like my wrist was breaking and one shoulder was being pulled out...it was TERRIBLE.  I kept looking around the plane at other passengers to see if they looked like they were in pain.  No one did but I was clutching my shoulder and my wrist and I felt like I was about to start screaming.  Once we landed, the pain dissipated but a dark purple bulge appeared on the wrist, it was the size of a ping pong ball, it wasn't particularly painful, just weird looking.  I had a doctor's appointment and I told her what happened and showed it to her, she said that whatever fluid was in that joint had literally blown it out.  The shoulder had a terrible rotator cuff tear that had not yet been diagnosed.  That thing hurt when we drove in the mountains, I had to strap my arm to my body.  I do feel like a bit of a barometer sometimes.  Remember those ones with the little people who would come out of the doors?  If it was going to be nice, I guess they were smiling, if it was going to rain, there was an umbrella, I think.  Just a weird aside...with R..A., my joints have the same reaction to any dramatic weather changes.  It can be going from rainy to absolutely beautiful and the transition is NOT pleasant!

Ellen