cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mandolinrain

Sneak Peek for Dancingthrulife :)

I don't often share my work before its finished but I am especially excited about this one.  'THE STORM' arrives early morning so I have to stop and probably can't get back to it until next week. Which is ideal anyway for this new thing I am experimenting with on this painting.

Some Elders on here prefer to have a loved one portrayed rather than themselves and I love painting anyone ~so thats fine with me. Such is the case with this handsome young man who graduates this year???? I think. This is 

SimplySheri‌ 's son.

I am doing this study a little different and using walnut oil to glaze between layers and I always begin with eyes. The effects are supposed to make the skin more translucent and realistic and so far I must say ~I am pleased with this effect. 

So heres my first attempt doing this style with oils:

IMG_4065.jpg

Have a great happy weekend everyone. N.O.P.E.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
17 Replies
YoungAtHeart

I think it is going to be your best YET!

Enjoy the STORM (and watch out for falling branches!!)

Mandolinrain

Thanks Nancy, I hope to redo yours soon and hopefully it will look much better

indingrl

Missy - looks really good - thanks for SHARING 

SimplySheri

Omgosh, it's like I'm looking at my son!!  Missy, you'll never know just how much this means to me   From the bottom of my heart, thank you ❤️

Mandolinrain

Your so welcome

Cousin-Itt

Missy you are truly blessed with great talent and a giant heart.   Can't wait to see finished  Enjoy the weekend with the Storm

MarilynH

Wow Missy I do believe this is going to be your best yet, I know you'll enjoy the storm even though it'll be exhausting.

Mandolinrain

HAHAH, I just finished moving things out of the Storms path....you would not believe what these rascals can get into.....

0 Kudos
elvan

WOW, looking really good!