cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RoseH

One Day At A Time

One Day At A Time.jpg

Have you ever really thought about living day by day?

I was a commercial/residential property manager when I was younger, and then I changed careers when I become a certified legal assistant until I retired.  Both of these jobs required that I “think and work ahead” if you know what I mean…  Making plans and schedules was necessary.

However, I now realize that even though that is a fact of real life, we all can still “live each day like it is the last” and keep our quits more easily and, literally one day at a time…  Here are quotes I found, that may help all of us to truly live our lives, and appreciate every single day, smoke free, and more in tune with, what is really important vs. letting the “little things” ruin our day…

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time." ~ Abraham Lincoln

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Grant me the patience with changes that take time, appreciation of all that I have, tolerance of those with different struggles, and the strength to get up and try again, one day at a time." ~ Reinhold Niebuhr

"No matter how difficult your situation is, you can get through it if you don't look too far into the future and focus on the present moment. You can get through anything one day at a time." ~ Bob Parsons

"One day at a time is all we do.  One day at a time is good for you" ~ John Lennon

"Each day means a new twenty-four hours.  Each day means everything's possible again.  You live in the moment, you die in the moment, you take it all one day at a time.  ~ Marie Lu

"A good friend of mine once told me that each morning when you wake up, think about winning the day.  Don't worry about a week from now or a month from now - just think about one day at a time.  If you are worried about the mountain in the distance, you might trip over the molehill right in front of you.  Win the day!" ~ Drew Brees

"Live one day at a time and make it a masterpiece." ~ Dale West

"I believe in one day at a time; you've got TODAY, that's what you've got." ~ Al Pacino

"If you're feeling alone, and your weariness has grown, look up above, and thank God for His love. There's nothing you can do, to change His love for you; hold on friend, it's not the end. Something beautiful will come, the clouds will part for the sun, the skies will break for the Son, and the Father will say 'Well done.' But until then, until then, you're not alone. He can make bread from stone. Hold on to Him, and He'll hold on to you. Take one day at a time, pray for faith and be kind, and when forgetful becomes your mind, remember what He said, 'You are mine.'" ~ Nick Vujicic

"Live one day at a time, unless you can figure out how to live two." ~ Dick Browne

I wish all of you a very happy and smoke free Thursday, and let’s all keep our beautiful quits, ok?  Rosemary

Tags (1)
4 Replies
sweetplt

Happy Thursday Rose...Colleen 563 DOF 

Cousin-Itt

I've been living my quit one day at a time since I started.     As winning today is all I'm concerned with.

Have a good Thursday Rosemary

AnnetteMM

Those are great quotes! We're human, so we can't really help worrying and being anxious, so these reminders are just the ticket

indingrl

Rose and ONLY by God's grace - just for TODAY - NeverTakeAnotherPuffEver over ME