cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gai.C

My Chicken Coop

My Grandson M.A.C.C and My Granddaughter Hailee have baby chicks.  I've Always wanted to raise chicken's so here's my chance.  My Daughter's best friend is bringing 2 more chick's this week.  I need a total of 8 for my Family of 6. So when we finish the coop I will go.get 4 more. It's Important for My Grands to know where some of our food comes from.  We Also have a stocked pond with Bass,Perch,Catfish.  Next will be a small Garden. 720200613_180105.jpg

24 Replies
BobKatt22

That’s very kool Gail!!! I’m gonna have to start calling you “Farmer Gail”

Gai.C

Resized_Snapchat-377069148.jpg

Gai.C

I like it Bob.

YoungAtHeart

I used to have a HUGE garden - and absolutely nothing beats veggies fresh out of one, or the joy of the kids picking out their pumpkins from it.

Enjoy your mini-farm!

Gai.C

I think.the Grands will Love it

Maki

The kids will love it and you are right it's a huge learning experience in so many ways . My grandkids and their dad built a small chicken coop on their acreage two years ago . The education and the reward has been amazing .  Togetherness  responsibilities , working together more than ever , a little work , big reward and fun .  A little less t.v and computer or rather (using the computer for what they are intended , ( research ) ( education )

What a learning experience for everyone .  M

It sure was joy to my ears and eyes watching them put their little piece of country into their acreage  . It brought back my old days being a farm girl where we were pretty much self sufficient . 

Think our days are headed back that way . They were the best days of my life . Hope your grandkids and you love it as much as mine have .. 

Many  are going back to gardening . I picked raspberries an hour before school every other morning .. we also had a huge garden . Loved every minute of it .. store bought stuff is not even close . Green house vegees that they pass off as farm vegees neither . 

Enjoy your little adventure . 

Gai.C

Thank you Maki

indingrl

Gai - yahooooooo

Gai.C

Thank you  indingrl