cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Mind Games

Its only the second day and my mind is thinking of ways to sabotage me. Or at least thats how it feels. 

I am hearing:

“hey! I am sure its ok to have a drag from someones mod/cig at a party. But only once in A while...not now, because now I am quitting...”

Why, am I this morning thinking of ways to quiet and also trying to justify to take a taste of it again in the Future? Its Ridiculous! Am I always going to go through this??

GT

14 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Greg...just wrote you on your other post...Day 1 is Day won...and that is amazing...now Day 2...tighten your resolve by reading at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX and determine your triggers and what you will do in place of vape...Remember here at Ex’s...we feel you can’t ever have “just one”...because it leads to go back to the addiction.  You can’t feel the monster...but you can pledge...Just for today...you will not vape...then take care of tomorrow when it comes and so on...your quit needs to be your Number one priority...Colleen 552 DOF 

pastedImage_2.jpg

Thanks so much. Great advise and links. 

YoungAtHeart

That day WILL come when the addict within will not try to talk you into vaping - I promise!  Those brain receptors take awhile to die off - and then you need to experience your daily life without the drug.  In the meantime, don't argue with that voice - get your mind on something, anything else.  Sing out loud, take slow/deep breaths, go for a walk, march in place, think of girls/boys' names for each letter of the alphabet, go for another walk.  This is work in the early days, but it becomes second nature.

Be patient and just take each day, sometimes each hour or minute, at a time.  You only need to not vape right now. 

The early days suck - they did for most.  Get through them the best you can.  It WILL get easier as you get time under your belt.

For now, do whatever it takes, just don't put nicotine into your body!

Nancy

Thanks so much. Great advise. Appreciate it so much. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

You're doing great.  How your feeling right now is normal.   These early days are rough, so use your tools now.  Spend time on the Ex now and I would just walk out the door and go for a couple of blocks.  It gives you time to refocus.  One day at a time leads to success.

Barb

Thanks so much. Great advise. 

indingrl

2 days of NICOTINE freedom - YOU can CHOOSE to jog in place for 2 minutes as soon as those voices start - STOP and DO something completely DIFFERENT - get a lemon and bite into it just like an apple -  IF YOU can 

Thanks so much. Ill try this too. 

0 Kudos
Maki

In answer to you're question , no you  will not always have to go through this . Quitting is a process of progress .

As long as you don't smoke , or don't vape you will get through .

When that will happen is individual . Our mind needs a bit of re wiring first . 

Anytime addiction is calling your name by means of lying to you or trying to convince you , or sweet talking you , or telling you you deserve a puff ,  you show it to the door Greg . It's not your friend .