cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

tyler59

I'm starting over

Okay,I screwed up,after 222 days I had 3 smokes,I feel terrible and they made me sick,It was a very weak moment and I am so mad at myself...I am starting over today and reading Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Quit" again from beginning to end.I understand that Smoking is a complete lie and waste of time.

Tags (1)
7 Replies
Karen333

Glad you came back. Remember the trigger that had you light up- next time please reach out for help! You can do this, keep in contact with this site for reinforcement.

Barbscloud

Hi tyler59  I saw this on the on the daily pledge.  I'm glad you're getting right back on track.  Review your quit plan and tighten it up.  Always remember we're here for you,so reach out before you smoke.  Starting over is not fun, but you know what to do and you've made the commitment.  

Barb

YoungAtHeart

Try to remember your thought process when you made the decision to smoke and make a plan NOW for what you will do differently when you find yourself with the same thoughts this time....and you very well might.  This is a lifelong commitment, after all - and you must forever remain vigilant.

Sad that you have to start over - GLAD that you are doing so.

Happy to read you are reading Allen Carr again.  It was truly an inspiration during my quit.  Remember to change up your routines, stay busy, drink lots of water, and promise yourself you will blog "HELP" here before you smoke if/when the going gets tough.

Nancy

sweetplt

Hi tyler59 so sorry you lost your quit...but that is what it is...lost...and you can find it again...work the program and get back in the journey...Don’t beat yourself up...you learned from it...glad to hear you are redoing your plan...just remember to stay close to us...~ Happy Wednesday ~ Colleen 548 DOF 

Cousin-Itt

Just look at it as a opportunity to build something Bigger Better and Stronger

Maki

It all starts with one puff . I have to remember it too . 

Welcome to your (((( forever)))) quit . 

Sootie

Yes-----that first cigarette we smoke when we cave is NEVER as good as we were imagining it to be...and the rest are just awful and then we feel terrible.

GOOD FOR YOU that you are picking yourself up and getting right back to it. One of the worst things that happens when someone caves is that they just keep smoking for many years thinking...oh well...see? I can't do it. That's not true and you know it....so good for you.

Stay close to this site......the support here is the key.

Stay Strong