cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

bird

Vomiting

Ugh. So today is day 1 of no smoking; day 8 of Chantix. I hadn't felt like it was working until now but today it was much easier to not smoke. This evening, however, I felt so sick and actually vomited twice. So here is my question: have other people thrown up because of Chantix? My dr told me to expect nausea but i didnt think i would actually vomit. Or could it be not smoking? Also I took the pill on a pretty empty stomach (I left it at home and took it right when I got back). Is that the culprit? Any help would be so so so appreciated. 

~B

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
spunkie

I didn't get sick but I have heard others say that they would take a little Pepto or something to settle the stomach and others would cut the pills back to 1 or 1 and a half .. If it continues try eating a little something with your meds and if that doesn't work then cut the pills back I think you will have the same results.  Hugs so glad the not smoking is going good.

0 Kudos
Rick_M

Hey Bird, I took Chantix and had no problem with nausea. Eating something before you take it, like Spunkie advises, is defiantly recommended. I believe it also a good idea to drink a full glass of water with it. I hope you can take these meds without the discomfort you are experiencing. Chantix really does heip along with support and good old will power.  Hang in there Bird.

0 Kudos