cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

blakesgigi

Eygptian Licorice Herbal Tea

So I am a BIG fan of black licorice and discovered this Yogi flavored herbal tea that tastes just like black licorice.  No caffeine, warm and spicy-sweet sans the calories of real black licorice candy.   A win!  Just wanted to share.

Here's to finding ways to enjoy this quit:)  xxoo

10 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Glad you found something that is not calorie rich to keep your hands out of the cookie jar!!

Barbscloud

Sounds like a good go to!

Barb

sweetplt

So happy you found this herbal tea...mine is ... 

pastedImage_1.jpg

So glad you are finding some good things with the quit...and everything tastes a bit better too...Happy Tuesday...Cheers to  another day Won...~ Colleen 519 DOF 

Mandolinrain

Love this one too!!

maryfreecig

Yum!

Mandolinrain

AWESOME, I thought I was the only person who loves black licorice!!!! AND I and a HUGE tea drinker, so thanks for this info!!!

0 Kudos
elvan

I LOVE black licorice, will look for this tea, thanks

maryfreecig

Me too!  

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Not to be a naysayer, but be careful to not consume to much black licorice.   I like it also.  My father also loved it and when he was still alive, he was told many years ago not to consume too much.

When consumed in high amounts, glycyrrhizin, a sweet compound found in licorice root, causes potassium levels to temporarily drop, which in turn may cause abnormal heart rhythms, high blood pressure, swelling, lethargy and, in extreme cases, even heart failure.

I wasn't  familiar with the tea, so I found this:

Liquorice consumption is an unusual but well-reported cause of secondary hypertension. Excessive consumption of liquorice can cause hypertension and hypokalaemia, which may lead to cardiac arrhythmias and myopathy. ... This means no more than 10–30 mg liquorice, i.e. no more than half a cup of liquorice tea per day.