cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss different approaches to quitting, including medication

jena2

2nd month on Chantix and still thinking about smoking:(

I have been studying for an exam tomorrow morning and the more stressed i get, the more i think of this exam (A&P I) im sorta losing it, cigs are so bad so why do feel like i have lost my best friend? I know it is just the addiction, and yet I still feel the way i do. I know i sound like a whiny baby, but o well 😞
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sylvie

Hello Jenna,
Ain't easy, is it? I know, i am on day 50, and i still get urges, you don't sound like a winny baby, its damm hard.
We know its worthit...its been a day since you wrote this post, i hope you made it through? i am sure you did.
We have worked so hard, we know why we are doing this, we just need a little help once in a while, don't we?
Thinck about how wonderfull we smell, our clothes, our homes, our cars........we are not anymore, all day, called by the cigarette to stop what ever we are doing, to go light up in a hurry....we know that to smoke is not a reward, on the contrary, we know this, right? lol i have to laugh at myself,while i say all this, because i brainwash myself(in a good way) to thinck this way, but its very human to forget why we are doing this, and for some reason (beyond me) miss the killer friend/ennemy......
To finish i think when we doubt ourselves like that, we have to go back to the reason we worked so hard to quit, and then congradulate ourselves for our willpower and be kind to ourselves, with ........whatever pleases us!
Good luck Jenna, hope you are feeling better today, and how is the studying going?
0 Kudos
barbara42

a soon as a thought of smoking comes in your head, just push it out and think of some thing good in your life. get a good mind set and be stubborn, nothing can whip you peace!
0 Kudos
sylvie

So Jenna, how are you doing?
Would be nice to hear from you....:))
0 Kudos
angeliah75

A craving only last 3 minutes (so they say).......... its just the "junkie" in us that wants the cigarette. I still get them too. I been on chantix for 5 weeks. Hang in there 😉
0 Kudos