cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Ralph1955

CoronaVirus

Hello friends.  Wow, who would have ever thought we'd all be on this journey.  Trapped and isolated from friends and family, unable to work and looking for help that never seems to come.  I Pray, with all my heart, that all of you are Safe and Healthy and that your family and friends are as well.  Prayer, whether you believe in it or not, is a comfort.

It's been a month that I closed my salon but while we are out of work bills and rent still needs to be paid and that, for many of us, drains our finances and adds stress and anxiety to our lives.  While the government appears to be helping Big Businesses and the little guy is left in the cold, my fear is losing my business and all that I put into it.  I fear many will be out of work or lose jobs when we begin to get back to normal; whatever the new normal is.

Those of us who are separated from loved ones continue to worry for them, especially our aging parents.  To assure they stay safe we are isolated from them and Hope and Pray they are doing well.  My mom, as you know, is in an assisted living facility and it's been a month since I've Seen her.  We talk via phone or Skype but the Human Connection isn't there and she's sad and lonely.

I know we'll all come out of this one day and I hope when we do it gives us a better appreciation of what we have and it brings each of us even closer to those we love.  

When we do begin to reopen where we live we Still have to take precautions and those precautions have to stick with us until there is a vaccine for this killer virus.  Now is not the time to relax, and we all know that.  I wish each of you Love and Safety and the ability to stay strong and fight the virus any way you can.

Love you all,

Ralph

Tags (1)
8 Replies
indingrl

I pray in MY Lord Jesus name for YOU Ralph and ALL YOUR family and loved ones and ALL who YOU love - amen CONGRATS STAYING A NON SMOKER NO MATTER WHAT - just for YOU Ralph

maryfreecig

Thanks for posting and for sharing about what you have been through during covid19, Ralph. We are doing the best we can, but it is getting old, tiring and numbing. I hope your mom get's to see you soon and sending prayers that your business recovers fully. Yes we can--but it is exhausting.

Barbscloud

I feel so bad for those who can't see their family in facilities.  It would have drove me crazy worrying about them.  I know it's extremely difficult for those who are self-employed.   I checked on my hair stylist to make sure she didn't need anything.  She brings her dog to the shop, so I have a connection and wanted to make sure Jerry wasn't in need of food.   I think we still need to play it safe for a while, but there those out there who don't seem to care.  I hope your business survives the crisis, that  your mother stays well and you get to see her soon.

Hugs

Barb

Jennifer-Quit

I feel so sorry for the elderly who do not understand this.  Praying for you and your Mother.  These are tough times for all - but at least we are not having to deal with the stress of being a smoker.

sweetplt

Love and prayers back out to you dear Ralph and your family...~ Colleen 

elvan

Saying prayers for you and your mother and your business as well.  It is so difficult for small businesses, being self employed is really difficult, especially now.  I wish you well, friend.

Hugs (with social distancing, of course)

Ellen

DavesTime

Ralph, you have your hands full on so many fronts because of this virus.  Prayers for you and your mother, for endurance, strength, peace, and hope.  God bless!

Ralph1955

Hugs to you all and Strength to continue in this crazy new world.