cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Everything about this virus sucks

A friend has died. I knew it would happen eventually. Doesn't make it any easier.

My smoking urges are as strong as they were when I quit 468 days ago, including my clenched teeth that I experienced in the early days of my quit. I WILL NOT SMOKE. I want to make that clear. But it's just shocking how the underlying stress I didn't even know I was experiencing is manifesting itself.

Today, I woke up not giving a rat's hiney about anything and totally didn't want to get up. So I stayed in bed till 10. It didn't help to finally get up, but I did. I did make a brunch for the three of us and it was okay. My husband could tell I wasn't myself and said "let's go for a walk." So we harnessed and leashed the dog and went to our favorite walking place. A lot of people had the same idea. I saw kids riding their bikes in a big parking lot, people walking, jogging, and all that fun stuff, all while keeping their distance from everyone. 

I have a lot of cuss words to add here to express how I really feel about coronavirus and its effects on our world, but I'll keep them to myself.

Please be safe everyone.  

Congrats to all of us for not smoking!

Donna

tp.jpg

Humor helps

18 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Donna...I am so glad to see a post from you...but so sad about the loss of your friend.  I am so sorry.  I am glad you came here to let your feelings out...but all of us that are not on the frontline’s really have to try and be grateful, keep busy, and do this in hopes we will get back to normal eventually.  None of this virus stuff, is worth losing a beautiful quit.  Hang in there and I will send out some prayers and positive vibes to you ... Take care of yourself Donna...and stick around Ex’s.  Cyber hugs...Colleen 482 DOF 

DonnaMarie

I read every day. I don't often post anymore, but am so proud of new and seasoned quitters making it happen. 

Funny how "stuff" makes us feel, though.

Donna

Day 468

DonnaMarie

P.S. Love that beautiful 482!

indingrl

MarilynH

I'm so sorry DonnaMarie about the loss of your friend this pandemic is terrifying I've also got a hell of a lot of cuss words myself! Deep breaths for all of us we must remain EXtra vigilant with our precious quits I'm also very stressed BUT like you I'll keep my quit in tact....I posted this this a couple of days ago it made me smile....

64ab00d455ad54fbdee5b74797adc2a7.jpg

DonnaMarie

Humor is so super important right now! Love the TP. 

MarilynH

It really is huge hug coming your way. DonnaMarie  ♥

elvan

So sorry about your friend, so sorry for all of those lost to this virus.  My grandfather died in the pandemic in 1918, my father was 8 at the time.  It has always haunted me.  It really is good to hear from you.

Ellen

DonnaMarie

I recently re-read some information about 1918 and was so shocked at how much I didn't know. We're fairly rural here, so we have this layer of safety that we feel in terms of being exposed. I'm sorry we're leaving this for our kids to clean up over the next few decades.