DonnaMarie

Everything about this virus sucks

Discussion created by DonnaMarie on Mar 29, 2020
Latest reply on Apr 2, 2020 by RoseH

A friend has died. I knew it would happen eventually. Doesn't make it any easier.

My smoking urges are as strong as they were when I quit 468 days ago, including my clenched teeth that I experienced in the early days of my quit. I WILL NOT SMOKE. I want to make that clear. But it's just shocking how the underlying stress I didn't even know I was experiencing is manifesting itself.

Today, I woke up not giving a rat's hiney about anything and totally didn't want to get up. So I stayed in bed till 10. It didn't help to finally get up, but I did. I did make a brunch for the three of us and it was okay. My husband could tell I wasn't myself and said "let's go for a walk." So we harnessed and leashed the dog and went to our favorite walking place. A lot of people had the same idea. I saw kids riding their bikes in a big parking lot, people walking, jogging, and all that fun stuff, all while keeping their distance from everyone. 

I have a lot of cuss words to add here to express how I really feel about coronavirus and its effects on our world, but I'll keep them to myself.

Please be safe everyone.  

Congrats to all of us for not smoking!

Donna

Humor helps

Outcomes