cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RevTerrie

This may cure smoking

I haven't been posting since I've been sick. For more than two weeks I've had the virus and I've been in bed. After I saw my doctor, we've been texting back and forth so they can check and see how I am or FaceTime. Zonie hangs right with me and watches tv. I'll be so glad when this is all over. I'm gonna have to have another chest x-ray in the next few days. The good thing is I can't stand smelling all of mom and dad's smoke and I stay in my bedroom where there's isn't any and I can rest in bed. I don't really want cigarettes. COVID 19 may have cured my cravings for good. After all this, I don't think I want anything to do with them anymore. They're more disgusting now than ever! I hope all of you are taking care of yourselves and being careful so you don't get this..... I've never been a trump fan, but I think he becomes more of an idiot on a daily basis when he tells people that we'll just go back to business as usual by Easter. People need to stay home and take care of themselves and not spread this more than it already is... thousands of people are dying everyday and I hope we're all keeping each other in our prayers and know what's truly important.

Tags (2)
6 Replies
Barbara145

Praying for you and the whole world. Don't smoke.  Once you get through the rough patches. life gets so good.

Giulia

Sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but at least something good has come out of it - a cure for cravings.  Hope your upcoming chest xray shows no signs of damage from this virus.

(My opinion only:  I don't think Trump intends to have the entire country getting back to work by Easter, just in those areas where there is less manifestation of the virus.  Not high density populated areas with large numbers of cases.  He also is hoping that that can happen.  He's well aware that this is fluid situation and that it's changing every day.  And too, nothing will be "business as usual" anymore.  When people do go back to work, I suspect there will be new guidelines put in place.)

DonnaMarie

My friend is on the back side of the virus and today told me she's felt like she's been given a second chance at life. She was very ill, but not hospitalized. Please take care of yourself and look forward to the illness passing. 

indingrl

said for YOU n YOUR family in MY Lord Jesus name amen

sweetplt

I am so sorry about you being sick ... especially with this virus...Bless your heart, I just lifted you up in prayer...~ Colleen 479 DOF 

Barbscloud

Contracting this virus is our worst fear, so I'm so glad that you're in recovery.  I'm sure quitting smoking has helped and that Zonie is there to comfort you.    Ditto on Trump.

Barb