cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

10 Years Celebration!

Restart. Reset. Readjust. Refocus.

As many times as you need to. Just don't quit the Quit Journey!

I was a serial quitter. I would launch my quit and lapse into smoking again and again.

If you would have asked my addicted self why: I always had an excuse –

• Life is stressful
  • deserve to smoke
  • My brand was on sale - too good a deal to pass up
  • I haven't had a smoke in so long...
  • Just one won't hurt!
  • What nobody else but me knows won't hurt me
  • Yadayadayada...

The truth, I found out the hard way, is:

• Life with COPD is even more stressful!
  • I deserve to live Addiction FREE!
  • A bargain isn't a bargain if it slowly kills you!
  • I proudly haven't had even one puff in Ten Years!
  • Just one is a Nico-Lie! They travel in packs!
  • My body, mind, and spirit know and they hurt each of these deeply!

HOORAY for me, I’m in the one percent club! I earned my DD, One Month, TD, 6%, 2%, Comma, and now 1% one single decision and each day at a time for 3653 days in a row!

The difference is all in Attitude! That’s where BecomeanEX came in for me. Before I could always talk myself out of quitting, with BecomeanEX I learned to talk myself out of excuses and into Smoking Cessation.

This Community broke down the Nico-Lies and exposed the Truth. One thing about truth is once you know the truth you can’t unknow it.

If this is your first exploration of Smoking Cessation or your twentieth, BecomeanEX will help you find your way.

We tell you how to get through the first days of withdrawal, the mental twists that follow, the dark days of No Man’s Land when folks frequently relapse, and then the 2 years of seasons, and the long haul.

We don’t sugar coat that it is easy to quit smoking – it is not easy for the vast majority of us. But we tell the Truth. We wake up that addicted brain again and again.

How do we know what thoughts are going through your head? Because Addiction is simple. It’s predictable. And that makes it beatable!

You are unique but addiction has a pattern, rhythm, gnawing compulsion that we have all experienced. We were there.

Now we’re here – where you wish to be. Stick to the Community every day for as long as it takes. We’ll help you -

RESET. READJUST. REFOCUS.

And if needed RESTART!

And WIN each and every day you’re way to Addiction FREEDOM!

P.S. Thank you BecomeanEX Community for showing me the way! You know who you are! Without you I wouldn’t be here now!

I didn’t think I could make it for 10 days, let alone 10 Years! I’m eternally grateful and blessed to have this Community!

Happy Spring!!!!

36 Replies
Cousin-Itt

Congratulations on your 10 awesome years of freedom Thomas3.20.2010

Happy Spring 

Thank you Cousin-Itt

sweetplt

Congratulations Thomas3.20.2010 ... You are a shining example to me and many at this site. Thank you so much for all you do to educate us on quitting smoking, addiction, COPD, etc., Enjoy your Freedom...Be safe and be well...God Bless you and your family during this time...Colleen 473 DOF

pastedImage_1.jpg

Thank you, sweetplt‌!

Barbscloud

Congrats on 10 years and continuing to support us on our quits.

Image result for congratulations gif

Barb

Thank you, Barbscloud

MarilynH

A super duper CONGRATULATIONS Thomas on your fantastic fabulous beautiful glorious wonderful humongous ginormous magnificent amazing spectacular splendiferous stupendous awesome 10 precious Smokefree years and counting WTG let's CELEBRATE because I absolutely love CELEBRATING MILESTONES you are a true inspiration to all of us here at Ex you are a kindred spirit and I'm so glad that you are our friend and fellow EXer and most definetly EXtended family thank you for everything you do for all of us here at Ex.......

12b7644c4bd58f8363ec2fbe4ca76cb7.jpg

Thank you, MarilynH

green1611

Big Congratulations ! Very proud of you being part of 1%

We will follow you...

Thanks for good note@ Thomas3.20.2010