cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

I'M HOME !!

Just a quick note before heading to bed. Wanted to let you know I have returned from Tennessee and am safely back in northern New York State.

The trip, however, was not as expected~ My sons got their heads together and decided they did not feel it was safe for me to fly back home with the increasing corona cases. So, Brian drove me from Tennessee and into Pennsylvania where we met Darren who drove me the rest of the way.

My oldest son Kevin who lives in a different part of NYS was relieved when I called him this morning to tell him of the change in plans.

I am loved. And am so thankful.

First thing in the morning I will drive a few blocks to the vets to pick up Flurry and bring him home...hooray!!

Good night all ~

28 Replies
ElaineC

SuzyQ411‌ I am glad to "see" that you are back home safe.  You have great boys.  I hope you had a great time on your visit. Keep your quit!

SuzyQ411

Thanks ElaineC‌ ..my trip was great. Especially enjoyed the warmer weather and blossoming flowers and shrubs and budding trees of Spring in the south. Here on the home front, it was 28 degrees when I went out this morning to pick up Flurry~

meWisconsin

Glad you are back safe and sound.

Keep up the good quit.

Terry

SuzyQ411

Thanks, Terry. Day # 72 of complete abstinence for me and I plan to remain cigarette-free for the rest of my days~

PastTense

So glad to see you home! 

Let's start working on NML

PT

Keep the Quit
PT
SuzyQ411

Thanks PastTense‌ ~ regarding NML I have a blog post in mind for tomorrow and then am considering changing the plan to daily check-ins perhaps? Being a newbie, I feel so out of my realm in doing the blog plus there hasn't been consistent response/ participation with those experiencing the NML journey.... Whadya think?? ( I was too occupied on my trip to do much online, BTW.)

sweetplt

So glad you are home safe Suzy Q...Flurry will be glad to see you....be safe and be well...Colleen 471 DOF 

SuzyQ411

Thanks Colleen. Yes he was happy to see me and to be at home. But it breaks my heart as he cries a lot (what a broken-hearted yawl)  when he can't see where I am. No more boarding!

YoungAtHeart

My daughter (who got stuck here when this all hit) had to stand by several years ago when I was in ICU, on a ventilator, for 3 weeks after a major surgery in which I did not do well, and then struggle to get back to go in a rehab facility for several months.  She is understandably terrified of me catching this thing, and has somehow come to the conclusion that it is HER responsibility to keep me well.  I have a good friend who has been out and about and has been visiting a couple of times a week.   My daughter is now upset that she might bring the virus in - and has asked me to ask her not to come.  Not sure it is love or PTSD, but I guess I am going to have to accede to her wishes.

Better safe than sorry, I guess, but I am none too happy - and feel sorry for my friend, too, who enjoys our visits (we are watching and very much enjoying Blacklist).

Still wrestling a bit about what to do....................