cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giulia

Shadow Ghost Responses?

I suspect this is just happening because my laptop is finally dying, but has anyone else experienced replying to a post and then it kinda looks like it's gone through and yet it doesn't?  As in the image below?  I pressed the post button and was left with that, kind of like a ghost or shadow image.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Bree19

Hi G

I get that same response but only intermittently.

Now you see it, now you don't kind of a ghost.

I just cancel the 2nd version and the first one goes through - so far!

Bree

Ps.  Praying that for once you are not right.  Dying laptop??!! Oh no!!!

0 Kudos
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

This sounds more like a temporary internet interruption.  Does your computer ever say that you’ve lost internet temporarily?

Mark 

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi Giulia I have them from time to time...but the reply goes through, so I end up ignoring and moving on...I hope your laptop isn’t dying...Happy Tuesday dear lady...~ Colleen 

0 Kudos

I also have this happen periodically.  Usually with the daily pledge.  I wondered if someone else was pledging at the same time?

I have been getting them intermittently but fairly often for awhile now.  If I cancel the ghost, the response posts.

I have never gotten a message about my internet connection, Mark .

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll keep a lookout.  Is the only symptom a grayed out post button? It goes gray when it's in the process of posting. It's a depressed button state which indicates the button is depressed. The page should refresh after wards and show the post and the reply box should disappear along with the post button.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos

Have never received an internet connection fault message Mark

0 Kudos

It's happening to me this morning - and the fact that it might be grayed out while posting is interesting.  If that is true, why don't we always have it???

0 Kudos
Giulia

Yes I often get the "internet connection lost" sign, but it's only usually if I've been away from my computer for a certain period of time, not when I'm active on it.

0 Kudos