cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

The demon never dies

I was doing my walk this morning and boom! An urge hit. The weather is chilly, we might be expecting snow, and I'm wondering if that's what set it off. I used to sit on the porch with coffee and cigs when it snowed. We haven't had snow for over 700 days says the weather dood. It's the only thing that I can point a finger at. Stupid addiction. My biggest wish is that it won't hit me again, though I know it will. 

We had some trees removed in the back yard and I gotta say, I'm loving having more light out there. It's strange to see stumps, but we left way more trees than we had cut down, so I still have plenty to see and I still have full on woods on the other side of the fence. I can't wait for it to get warmer so I can plant some seeds. 

On another note, I'm a gramma again. My daughter's pooch passed away several months ago and recently, she adopted this little girl whose name is Dolly (after Ms. Parton):

2020_02_Dolly.png

She's an adorable 9ish-month-old German shepherd/collie mix. Smart as can be and more energy than one creature should ever have. LOL

To share another proud mom moment, my daughter and her work partner made a film and Rolling Stone wrote about it   Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Change Name to Boneless Thugs-N-Harmony - Rolling Stone   It's a faux documentary for Buffalo Wild Wings and it's apparently getting some attention in the industry. 

So, urges come and urges go. They piss me off, but as you can see, I've got better things to think about besides smoking. 

Donna

Day 430

5 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Those urges get to be fewer and farther between - and they don't hang around too long if we don't dwell on them.  Good to hear from you!

elvan

Really good to hear from you & congratulations on your new grand puppy, how adorable!

CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter & her partner, AWESOME!

l get craves very rarely & l refer to them as memories, they have no power. I told my son who quit six months ago that l ALWAYS seem to park next to a car that has a smoker puffing away with the windows down. He said it keeps happening to him too & that it is SO GROSS! He’s kind of happy about that.

Ellen

sweetplt

Hi Donna DonnaMarie Love the update ... you make me smile and chuckle...”Stupid addiction”...Thank you...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 445 DOF 

Strudel

Love that grand dog! Congrats on 430 days Donna! Happy weekend! 

0 Kudos

The demon pops up once in awy but becomes just a bothersome gnat - so easy to ignore. Congrats on your new family pet and your daughter's success.

0 Kudos