cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

WhispersQSMB

Suffolk County To Attempt To Ban Smoking In Private Homes

Suffolk County To Attempt To Ban Smoking In Private Homes – CBS New York 

Smoking is bad but this is going too far. You can't tell people they can't smoke in their home, or can you?

7 Replies
5Jacks

The headline was misleading because it's really about multi-family dwellings rather than single family homes.

The real entertainment is in reading the comments to that article!

WhispersQSMB

There's a lot of 2/multi family homes in Ny . The comments always entertain. There's no soul in a text/comment, its all perception. You can see who gets that and who doesn't 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

I HATE Big Government.  HATE IT!

That being said, it would make sense to me for there to be no smoking buildings and smoking allowed buildings in a condo or apartment complex.  If it is only one building, I personally would not rent there because of the smoke that might be around.  We have choices and I think the market place should be the deciding factor.  If you allow smoking in all your buildings, I would imagine you might find yourself with lots of empty units and make the change without the Government making you do so.

Just my 2 cents!

Cousin-Itt

I agree YoungAtHeart Government needs to keep their hands out of a lot of things. The smoking band should be left up to the owner of the building. 

WhispersQSMB

They cross the line when they start telling you how to live. I own a multi family home that i dont live in but i have 2 tenants. I can't tell you the petty things i get calls about, the only time i put a smoking ban @ the house was when i had a tenant that was using a oxygen machine. Concern over an explosion. This law they will just call for any smell. If i let one tenant block a driveway over the other they cry.. Ugg

Cousin-Itt

People need to grow up. The government needs to focus real issues like to help our homeless citizens and vets etc... and stop trying to control our rights.          I'll stop now 

WhispersQSMB

They do, they must not have anything better to do. Its sad