cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

BobKatt22

One year quit.... almost

29 days from now, one year ago I smoked my last sicarette, I’m not bragging by no means but I feel really good about my quit. I never thought I’d get this far. March 1, 2019 was my first day of freedom. It has been a long road I will not lie, there have been MANY TIMES that I just wanted to throw in the towel and give o. To my addiction. But I just chose not to smoke. A friend of mine kept telling me to remember JFT and NOPE. I thought that it was easy for her to say she already had her year in and was working on her 2nd year, she couldn’t possibly understand where I was coming from. Well I know now that she knew exactly what I was going through!!!! Please if you are new to this or are thinking about quitting take it one day at a time, one moment at a time, one day plus one day adds up to 2 days, one week plus one week adds up to 2 weeks, one month plus one month adds up to 2 months , it really isn’t long before your first year creeps up on you!! That other group had a “ grand staircase “ for one year newbies I wish this group celebrated similar milestones! JFT I WILL NOT SMOKE, and I will take NOT ONE PUFF EVER....... thanks Gail you’ve been my rock that God gave me to lean on!

15 Replies
sweetplt

This is a very inspiration post BobKatt22 and shows how worth the quit journey...I can’t wait to celebrate your 1 year...Happy Friday ~ Colleen 424 DOF 

BobKatt22

Thank you Colleen! I needed my friends who traveled my quit with me! They are very special to me! We all need somebody we can’t do this alone!

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

0 Kudos
maryfreecig

Congrats on nearing your one year anniversary.  Thanks for sharing the good news.

Strudel

You should brag! Way to go - congrats on one year!! Great blog! 

Giulia

I can't wait to put you on our Elder's List, Bob.  Especially since you and I share the same quit date of March 1st.  It was a VERY GOOD DAY!  Never seen the acronym JFT (assuming it means Just for today) and am adding it to our Abbreviations & Expressions Used in the EX Community‌.

BobKatt22

Thank you Giulia, and congratulations to you also!! yes JFT does mean Just For Today, a good friend of mine came up with that acronym. I am so happy 11 months is a feat I didn’t think that I would see again. This time it’s for keeps!

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>

Congratulations!!!

Maki

Nice post all the way around . This is a person grateful of their quit , grateful for the support they receive and gives back to others . 

Celebrate today  , tomorrow , always and all ways . You continue to find your freedom . Congratulations . 

Gai.C

BobKatt22‌ Thank you for sharing your Quit Journey with me.  You've done All the hard work I just hung around to encourage.  I remember day 1 sending u the breathing tool  praying with you.  I told u it's going to be okay and it was and is because you Believed that it would.  Love ya Brother