cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

NicMensinga

Hypnosis..

Hi everyone! I am starting quit number 20 (or 30, who knows!).. I will not give up trying! I am using step 2 nicotine patches which work but keep me addicted to nicotine. I have booked a hypnosis session which isn't cheap. $500 AUD... I did quit for 3 years using this method before but it was 1/5 of the price. Not sure if I am wasting my money but thought it might be a good thing to add to the patches. Anyone had any success? Thanks

I am going alcohol free for a year too. Not that I drink much but it's always what unravels me.. It's funny how so many people react to me saying I am not drinking anymore. Why can't people be happy for you wanting to be healthier.. Hmmmm xx

13 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Welcome back!

Good idea to quit the alcohol.  You re not alone in the effect it has on you.   This site is littered with tales of failed quits from drinking.

idk about hypnosis  - I will withhold judgment, hoping others will chime in.  That seems like a LOT of money to me for something that may or may not work.  Spending the same $$ on a personal trainer and joining a gym might help just as much?  jmho!  I DO know that exercise relieves stress and releases dopamine, the hit you are missing when you quit smoking.

Stay close - take the daily pledge.  https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/thread/26325-the-daily-pledge-december-2019 .

We will be around to help any way we can.

Nancy

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Hi Hon and Good to see you back...Congratulations on the quit...NicMensinga ... I have been thinking the same about alcohol this year in hopes it will take off the 10 pounds I need to lose and can’t seem to lose...I find the same about people...I don’t get it...but you are what is important and are getting healthier and that is what matters...Hang in there...Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family ~ Colleen 391 DOF 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I've tried everything, including hypnosis.  I don't remember what I paid--it was a few hundred, not $500.    I knew someone that it worked for  saw the same person.   There's no magic to this.  No matter what aid we use, we still have to do the work.   This time I used Welbutrin, nicotrol inhalers, smoking cessation class and the Ex.  I have to credit them all, but feel the support it what makes the difference.  Glad you'e back.  Make the commitment and stay close to the site!

Barb

0 Kudos
minihorses

I agree on the call to quit drinking. It was the leading cause of going back to smoking for me almost every time.  The second being stress of course.  I quit using hypnosis once.  I lasted a year but it was in the late 1980's or early 90's when everyone smoked, We had department meetings and brainstorming sessions out there I swear.

If you think it can work again I say try whatever it takes.  Maybe some breathing practices from now until you go in just to get you relaxed, centered, and open.

NicMensinga

Thanks everyone! I know alcohol is a bad trigger for me and stress which can't be avoided. I can avoid drinking though.. Trying to work on what I can control  

Day 3 today! Had a 3.5km walk with my dog and friends.. Gym soon too. Think I will cancel the hypnosis and buy myself a bike! I have a gym membership already... $500 will get me a great one!

Happy new year everyone & here's to a better life smoke-free  xx

Barbscloud

Congrats on day 3.  Sounds like a good decision.  Exercise really helps -- increases your dopamine!

Barb

0 Kudos
NicMensinga

Thanks Barb! Sure does  x

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS on to thine OWN selves be true - Hmmmmmm -  because MOST people are THINKING about themselves -   

NicMensinga

So true!!

0 Kudos