cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Lake1234

Breaks at work

I need some support for when I go back to work on Monday (I’m on vaca now and I set my quit date for January 1).

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YoungAtHeart

It's good that you are planning and preparing.  Still take your breaks at work, but you can take a quick walk around the building, the block or the parking lot where the smokers aren't.  If there is a quiet place you can go, play some games on your phone, or visit this site and do some reading.  Changing up your routines is key to this process!

Nancy

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Really the best thing you can do is go for a walk if you're able.  We're already used to going outside to smoke, so just keep walking instead of stopping.

Barb

0 Kudos
Cousin-Itt

Take a healthy snack in with you and play a couple of your favorite songs using ear plugs or not on you phone Your break will be over with and the music will have hopefully relaxed you

maryfreecig

Did you smoke with others? If so will you be telling them? What else do you do on break? 

At first you might find substitution will help some--like gum, sucker candy, eat a piece of fruit you like. Doing stuff like this will not replace smoking, but it is a way to stay anchored to your decision to quit, focused on what you must do. One day at a time you will lose your dependency, you will remember what it felt like to not smoke.

Keep working your prequit right up to your quit. 

0 Kudos