cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

annejdav

120 Days Tomorrow

120 days tomorrow!  I've read No Mans Land multiple times yet I don't seem to fit with what they are saying.  To be honest I've only had a few days where I really wanted a cigarette but it only lasts a few minutes and honestly dissipates less than a minute.  I've never experienced where I would actually rationale that I was going to smoke.  Does everyone, at one point, end in No Man's Land?  I am taking Chantix but I'm down to a half a pill a night every other day.  I want to be prepared so I'm looking for anyone who can help me or make suggestions.  Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
YoungAtHeart

The Chantix could be changing your experience - and since you are tapering, I would have no more worries about NML.  As an addict, though, you need to remain ever vigilant, accept as truth that there is NEVER going to be such as thing as "just one" or "only a social smoker" or any of those other thoughts that may pop into your head (especially after imbibing in alcohol).

You should be aware that a thought of smoking may still arise for the next two year years' worth of holidays, changes in seasons, family dramas, vacations - events/times in your life you have not had a lot of practice with as an ex-smoker.  Just be prepared, not surprised, repeat at such times, "I don't do that anymore," change your thought pattern and you will be fine.

Congratulations on your EXcellent quit!!

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.jpgOn 120 Days of Freedom...Way to go...Enjoy the Freedom...Be Proud of YOU....YOU are worth this Quit...

~ Colleen 381 DOF 

I think everything written here at Ex’s is personal experiences, the majority at times (NML), etc., but doesn’t mean you will definitely go through it...Actually, great you haven’t had NML...

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 120 days tomorrow.   Everyone's journey is different, but there is much in common.   I found it helpful knowing about NML in advance so that I was prepared for it. Stay vigilant and keep moving forward.

Barb

0 Kudos