kindofodd

NML and NRTs and NSVs

Discussion created by kindofodd on Nov 19, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 21, 2019 by Giulia

Today doesn't feel like day one. It might feel like day 4 though. No man's land sucks. 49 days in and the cravings seriously don't seem to be going any further away. I feel like a fraud. Like I'm just faking being quit until my next cigarette. I was talking to a friend of mine who has not smoked in 5 years. He doesn't consider himself quit. "I didn't quit. I just haven't smoked". After 5 years he's still faking it until his next cigarette. Can't quite figure out if that's encouraging or discouraging.

Maybe I tried weaning myself from nicotine replacement therapy (gum) too soon. Maybe it's because I shouldn't have been using NRTs in the first place. I also don't use the gum right. I can't park it for more than a minute. I tend to chaw the sh*t out of it much to my bf's dismay. He'd rather I smoke than listen to that. Now I'm at a place where I'm running out of gum and stressing because I'm not sure if I should buy more or struggle through that withdrawal too. 

Ho-hum. I'll figure it out.

In the dieting world they often talk about non-scale victories. Think I need help finding non-smoking victories to keep me motivated. I've kept the extra 50lbs I was carrying around with me off for the last 3 years so I can do this too... and without gaining all the weight back. So far so good on that front.

a) I haven't smoked b) I haven't gained weight.

And that is where my NSV list ends because I'm craving and can't focus.

Hahaha- it just occurred to me that I don't actually even need feedback from ya'll. What I needed was to vent. Thanks once again for giving me a place to do that.

Love ya'll

Outcomes