cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Pookweencess

Day 95 Back In Hell

Okay so I had a couple of days of relief - now the past two days I have been in craving hell- feels like when I first quit!!!! I don’t want to smoke but this is DRIVING ME CRAZY and it feels like it will never end!!!!!

Tags (1)
9 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Sorry that you are feeling this way. Hopefully, you are trying to relax and breathe through it.  Keep telling yourself that you can do this.  Sometimes we have to go back to the basics of how we got through the first days and weeks of our quit.  You have to use the tools you have developed.  Try what has worked.  NEF never ever forget where you came from.  NOPE no matter what. BREATHE.  It is still one day at a time.  You are coming up on a milestone.  The addictive brain does not want you to get to another breakthrough.  Hold on and do not give up.  Hang tough, stay close. 

indingrl

No worries- THIS TOO SHALL PASS - and YOU will get more FEELINGS - gentle hug - thank YOU so much for sharing YOUR experience - strength -  HOPE and courageous -  SELF honesty - EDUCATION -  is one of the keys to -  KNOW thyself and those dang fffffeeeeeeellllliiiinnngggssss - FEELINGS come and go - feelings are fickle- there is a ton more FEELINGS that WILL come and go - 24/7 - I AM RESPONSIBLE TO NOT LET THEM LEAD ME OR LET THEM BE MY BRAIN - I prayed and asked MY God for HELP 24/7 in MY Lord Jesus name amen  - being responsible for MY FEELINGS was tough and rough and SEEMED TO TAKE FOREVER TO PASS YET - in TIME- THIS TOO SHALL PASS  -  then out of NO WHERE BAM!!!!!!  MORE FEELINGS - SSSSSSOOOOOOOO - LLLOOOOONNNGGGG- SUFFERING AGAIN  -  SO VERY LONG SUFFERING!!!!!!!!! then it was SUGGESTED - I get a NEW MINDSET - read BLOGS on -  how others conquered their FEELINGS and for ME to - TRY on - SOME NEW ideas -  to see if they would work for ME - - TRY on as many as YOU need to find out what works for YOU - EDUCATION for SELF - is one of the keys to -  NON SMOKER living -  one day at a time - Please take what HELPS and let go of the rest - to be HELPFUL is MY only aim - thank you - CONGRATS STAYING NICOTINE FREE- YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD JOB AND WAY TO GO  

Exvape

The urges will subside....Have you read Alan Carr’s book Easy Way to Stop Smoking  I keep referring back to it... plus whyquit website I find helpful.  Your nicotine receptors are trying to dupe you into feeding them nicotine... don’t feed them and they will stop making you feel so miserable...also exercise helps ( a nice walk... a bike ride)

ride this thru.

you will beat the craves.

stay close to this site

Exvape

Roj

Glad you haven’t given in, I have heard the 1st year, cravings can come at anytime...don’t give into those killer devil sticks...just breath it out and Che’s straws...sending prayers of strength 

YoungAtHeart

Wouldn't you rather have a few lousy days and be quit than give in and be thinking about needing to quit EVERY day???

You really ARE almost there.  Pull out the tools that helped you in the early days of your quit and get yourself disciplined to use them again.  Don't let that smoking thought rattle around in your head unchallenged.  Sounds like you need to do a bit more work to get over this tough patch.  Remember this? 

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/blogs/Youngatheart.7.4.12-blog/2013/02/25/100-things-to-do-instea...

It WILL end, I promise!  Get busy!  Stay busy!

It will be worth it to be free!

Nancy

Vicspin

Breathe and try to distract yourself. Jump up and down, make a gratitude list, look around the room and name the item and color of 5 things. I have been putting on loud music and singing. This will pass. Thank you for posting where you are at. 

Barbscloud

Glad you come to the site when your having a rough timse.  It really can help to keep you on track.   Keep up your deep breathing and slow yourself down.   Hang tough.

Barb

sweetplt

pastedImage_1.gif I hate this for you...I am so out of ideas except have you thought to talk to your Doctor for suggestions...? Gotcha in my thoughts and sending out a prayer....that you will have more better days....~ Colleen 236 DOF 

0 Kudos
elvan

It WILL pass, if you can figure out what is triggering this, it might help.  Are you trying to stuff down some uncomfortable feelings? Are you romancing smoking?  You really need to accept that it does nothing FOR you, but it can do lots TO you.  Take it from someone who regrets every puff I ever took.  My husband is a recovering alcoholic and he told me to get down on my knees and ask God to remove the mental obsession.  He said it might not work the first time and he emphasized that it was important to get on my knees but he said it would help.  I will admit that I did not feel a whole lot of faith in the idea but I did it, I know it was more than once but I am not sure if it was more than twice...the point is that it DID work.  I actually FELT something lift and I was no longer consumed with thoughts of smoking or rather NOT smoking.  I have been quit for over 5 1/2 years and I have absolutely no desire to smoke again.  I am very protective of my lungs because they are so badly damaged.  Just keep going one step at a time...maybe one FEELING at a time.  Bite into a lemon, rind and all.  I never actually did that but I had lemons on hand just in case I thought I would lose it.

We are here for you and you really have come SO FAR.

Ellen