cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kelly16

24 hours away....from being ONE YEAR

Aaahhh I can hardly believe this. Honestly, it's mind-blowing to me that a year ago today was the last time I smoked a cigarette. I can't sit here and say "time just flew by" because there were so many times that were long and difficult, where I felt continuing my quit was an impossible feat. I choose not to look back on those times, mostly because it is hard for me to relive- once was quite enough. I am stronger than I ever thought possible and this might sound lame, but  I am most proud of myself for quitting smoking than I am with any other thing in my life. That is how hard quitting this addiction can be. It feels amazing to be able to say that I am out of the woods with nicotine. I don't frequent this site anymore because it is hard for me to read about people's struggles, people's first days into their journey. I feel bad that I can't be much support for others, but I need to focus on looking forward and since I don't think about smoking anymore I'd rather not force it by visiting the site. But I can say that it gets easier, and it's the best decision I've ever made. You're stronger than you think, and you'll only realize that when you put yourself to the test. 

Good luck to everyone, and thank you for your support during my journey. 

Kelly 

15 Replies
AnnetteMM

Congratulations in advance!!! What an amazing thing it is!

ApprehensiveBruisedDikdik-small.gif

0 Kudos
BarbieGene

Congratulations!   I am only on day 98!  

You go 

sweetplt

Congratulations Kelly16 on 1 year of Freedom...way to go...Thank you for coming back and writing that you are still quit...that is super...I celebrate my one year soon...like you I never want to go back to Day 1 and those first few weeks...

Enjoy Life and Your Freedom ~ Colleen 323 DOF 

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Welcome to the 6% Club!  You are right to be PROUD - only 6% of people who quit make it to 1 year!  Here's your golden key:

index.jpg

I am so glad you stopped by to celebrate with us!

Congratulations!

Nancy

indingrl

Congratulations

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congratulations on one year smoke free. It's the milestone we all hope to achieve when we begin this journey.   Being here now and sharing your success is an inspiration to others.  A new member to the 6 % club!

Related image

Barb

Exvape

Excellent!

Wonderful!

Monumental!

words fall short of how giant an accomplishment this is

mind over matter!

totally inspiring and motivating.

Exvape

elvan

CONGRATULATIONS on your FIRST year, may there be many more!

0 Kudos
Strudel

Hooray! Congrats on one year! Be sure to celebrate! 

0 Kudos