cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Nicaddict13

vaping/juuling

I have been vaping for two years and juuling for a year. I bought my first Juul on January 11, 2019 and I have spent almost $4,000 on pods and 2 Juul bodies. I smoked at least a pod a day between me and my friends equaling 20 cigarettes daily. I am sooo sick. I have shortness of breath, chest pain, a 44 pound weight loss, stomach issues, and I feel like my body is falling apart. My 18th birthday was last week. I’m so upset because I believed juuling was something safe and fun to do but now I’m addicted and can’t breathe. Good news, I went through one pod since Monday and it’s Thursday night! Baby steps. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
constanceclum

I think you need to see a Dr!!! And I think you need to quit smoking. This site can help you with that but at your age, I'm not sure those symptoms are necessarily caused by smoking.

Connie

0 Kudos
Nicaddict13

I’ve gone to 3 different doctors this week. My lungs are clear and I have to get x-rays and ultrasounds. Through researching vaping and the deaths the symptoms are shortness of breath, weight loss, insomnia, chest pain, dizziness and I have all of that. I have been dealing with health problems since May and I know vaping had something to do with it. I only went through 1 pod from Monday- Friday morning which is way better than when I would use one pod a day. I’m definitely trying to quit and I’m going to get nicotine gum in case I really need it. My lung X-Ray was clear but I still cannot breathe and my chest is super tight especially at night. It’s very bizarre. 

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

I'm glad you got some preliminary good news, but your health is concerning.  We have to be advocates for quitting smoking, but more for our healthcare.  Please pursue your heath concerns.

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Welcome to EX, I am glad you are here.  Quitting smoking/vaping is doable.  You have to start replacing the vape with something else.  Try cutting straws and suck on them until you wean your self off  of the pods.  Start here @Quitting E-cigarettes | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX  Quitting is hardwork and you have to be willing to go through the withdrawal of the drug nicotine.  Yes it is a drug. . It is going to require discipline and commitment It is suggested that you wean yourself from the vape by reducing the number of mgs and times that you vape. Tell yourself to wait a little longer. Gradually use less to break away from it.   It really takes the commitment never to touch it again no matter how bad you feel because it gets better in time. You have to go through the withdrawal like any other drug.  To make it easier you have to find distractions that you may enjoy other than vaping. 101 Things to Do Instead of Smoke Stay close, we are here to help you.  Save your life you can do it. 

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex and I glad you see the need to quit vaping.  I have to agree with Connie, about seeing a doctor.   We're here to support you with beating your nicotine addition, but please have your health checked.   Here's an additional site to help with young people to quit vaping.

https://www.thetruth.com/articles/hot-topic/quit-vaping 

WhispersQSMB

Hi Nicaddict, im so sorry to read this but im glad you're doing something about it now. After you fully quit your body can start the healing process. You have cut down vaping but you're still vaping. I agree with jackie about the straws and i used that to help me quit early on, i would pull on the and go through the motions and only air was filling my lungs. I drank lots of water and if i ever had a bad crave that brought on anxiety i took a long walk. "Move a muscle change a thought" was key to my quit. 

0 Kudos