cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Cushka76

I finally came clean

So after nine years of being a vapor, I came clean with my doctor. I have been seen on and off twice a year for allergy-like symptoms including wheezing coughing congestion asthma-like symptoms. In fact that's what they diagnosed me with. But I knew better, I knew that I was vaping almost 10 hours a day. I didn't tell my doctor because I was afraid and almost embarrassed, because I had quit smoking so long ago I didn't want them to judge me for choosing to pick up this habit.

So after I came clean, my doctor x-rayed my lungs and said I'm very lucky they do look exactly the same as they did a while back so I have a fresh start and I'm going to take it. I can no longer stand vaping because it has cost me my ability to walk up a flight of steps without catching my breath, it has caused me to cough up the most horrendous mucus everyday. I'm only forty-three and I can't imagine if I did this when I was a teenager. I really worry about the kids today smoking the small cigarettes from the gas stations because they are pretty potent. I want to do as much as I can to prevent it and put the truth out there it's just another habit. Nothing should be inhaled into your lungs ever except for oxygen.

3 Replies
Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  Cigarettes and vaping are both a nicotine addiction.  Education and preparation are the key to success.   Go to My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX  to plan your quit.   Use this site for support--it's worked for many.   When you need help, just reach out.  

Barb

0 Kudos
JACKIE1-25-15

Nothing should be inhaled into your lungs ever except for oxygen. 

You should post this where you can see it.  It is the truth the whole truth, nothing but the truth.  The truth will set you free.   Welcome to EX.  You have come to the right place for support. Coming clean is the start of a new beginning got to EX Plan | BecomeAn review the videos and

@Quitting E-cigarettes | Guides & Tools | BecomeAnEX Just like the lack of research surrounding the dangers of vaping in general, there are very few resources available specifically for those who are looking to quit vaping. On the bright side, however, the process for quitting smoking is almost identical to the one for quitting vaping, with the added benefit of being able to fully control the amount of nicotine you use, depending on the e-cig you are using.

0 Kudos
indingrl

I am so glad for YOU - to thine OWN self be true - Welcome and  GOOD JOB choosing for YOUR self to live NICOTINE FREE and CONGRATS ON NICOTINE FREEDOM- Yahoooooooooo WAY TO GO- gentle hug