cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

RevTerrie

Can't believe I'm at 11 days!

It's unbelievable that 11 days have gone by. I'm not feeling like I want a cigarette as bad as before. My digestive disease feels better and I can definitely smell their smoke in the house more all the time. It's amazing how much cigarettes affected my digestive system. My mom said to me yesterday that when my health is better I can move into my own place again and won't have to smell or inhale their smoke.  I had made a comment to her that I couldn't believe how much smoke is in the house and that was the reply. She was just diagnosed with COPD and already has heart disease and Dad has emphysema. He has no desire to quit and she is vaping along with smoking hoping that's better than just smoking. I want to be healthier and I will be. I know that I'll be moving out of here and never live in a place filled with smoke. I'm doing it for me, but I'm also doing it for my dog because she's breathing all this, too. I am noticing changes that are good from not smoking and I don't want to go back to it. I'm looking forward.

2 Replies
YoungAtHeart

You are doing extraordinarily well quitting in a house full of smokers.  I am glad you are finding it a bit easier as time is passing.

Congratulations on 11 DAYS!

Nancy

JACKIE1-25-15

ONWARD FORWARD TO FREEDOM GO YOU!!!!