cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bResebR6

Quitting the JUUL

Hi everyone, I just joined and I'm glad to see this is a safe space for me to talk. This is basically my JUUL story: my friend owned one and told me to try it and when I did, I coughed and my lungs felt terrible, but I got a massive headrush. From then, I didn't properly own a JUUL until about January of 2018. Then, I didn't really get addicted until October of 2018. It's been almost a year of being addicted to the JUUL and I have hit it every day since then. I take it with me to school, every single party/hangout, work, and even on trips (as in taking them on airplanes and to vacations). I really want to quit. After learning about the lung damage from the teen who got a lung disease and black dots on his lungs and about the boy getting a stroke, I knew it was time for me to quit. I also knew that I needed to quit after my lungs themselves started hurting, but I can't stop. It keeps me concentrated and without it, I get distracted thinking about the JUUL. I have a lot of work coming up and that's the only thing maintaining my stress levels. I'm so dependent on it. If anyone is going through the same thing then please let me know your coping mechanisms. To anyone who successfully quit the JUUL, please give me tips and methods of how you did so. Thanks.

Tags (2)
8 Replies
sweetplt

Hi and Welcome to Ex’s...bResebR6 

Glad you found us...we seem to be getting many lately who want to quit JUUL, Vaping, etc., all is addicting...and the first step is knowing it is time to quit...next read at My EX Plan | BecomeAnEX where you will prepare for your quit, gain knowledge and know that this is so doable with hard work...Honestly, the benefits of quitting outweigh everything...be sure to come to the support site and encourage other quitters and to get help...this journey takes one foot in front of the other and replacing smoking with healthy and new things....You can do this and we are here to help you...Happy Thursday, get working hon...~ Colleen 248 DOF 

/blogs/Maggie_quit_8-1-2010-blog/2012/03/19/100-things-to-do-instead-of-smoking?sr=search&searchId=9... 

0 Kudos
kennedyh213

Hi there!  I recently quit Juul and it was SO hard.  I felt stupid using NRT to quit the Juul but that’s what ultimately got me to stop.  I used the patch and lozenges at first and then cut out the lozenges and finally cut out the patches.  The nicotine withdrawal wasn’t that bad actually, it was the mental addiction.  The first few days were really brutal.  I used a color by numbers app on my phone that kept my hands busy and seems to help a little bit.  This website helped me a lot too.  Good luck and keep with it! 

TLSQUIT4LIFE

This gives me hope....having such a hard time with the JUUL.  Thank you for sharing.  I am currently doing the patch and planning to supplement with gum.  This is Day 1....AGAIN.  Wish me luck.

0 Kudos
Apanlilio

Hey Kennedy! Just checking in to see how you’re doing now!

0 Kudos
AnnetteMM

Hello and welcome!  I used a Juul, too. I totally get the attraction. It's so easy and delicious and the nicotine addiction really sneaks up on you. Quitting it will be the same as quitting smoking. You'll have to withdraw from nicotine. I recommend reading all about addiction on this site, and then throwing out, YES THROW OUT! all the Juul stuff you have. Make sure it's not available to you at all. Then stock up on other things, like Tootsie pops or Twizzlers or straws to chew on or gum. Anything but nicotine. And keep coming here!

makenzie_h17

Hey I have similar story to you. I never smoked I was really into fitness until my friends started vapping. I would hit it here and there but I never had one until 2017 May I got one and I wasn’t really addicted until September of 2017 because of my job I was so stressed. I’ve quit vape 2x since then but the second time I quit I resorted to a JUUL because I was so desperate and out of town. I went a bought a JUUL cause it was cheaper then a vape. So now I’ve been addicted to JUUL for around a year. I’m desperate my heart hurts. I know I need to quit. I set a quit date and I think I’m going to use the patch to assist me. I’m nervous because I literally use JUUL 80% of wherever I am. Any tips for the cravings? Advice?  Anything you guys can recommended! Thank you 

TLSQUIT4LIFE

Curious how you are doing,. I’m in the same boat and just starting my journey today.

0 Kudos
indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS on NICOTINE FREEDOM - gentle hug

0 Kudos