cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lisetterai

Do you think it’s possible to not have anymore withdrawal symptoms after two days of not smoking nicotine?

Im in my second day of not vaping, and I feel no physical withdraw symptoms. Maybe it’ll come in waves? I didn’t get any sleep these last two nights but I did end up getting some this morning which was great. Other than that I don’t really feel the physical aspect of withdrawal. Is it possible to not have them anymore only after two days? 

10 Replies
JACKIE1-25-15

Anything is possible.  Insomnia is a physical withdrawal symptom.  I went approximately 60 days not sleeping well but I thought if that was what I had to do to not smoke.  So be it. 

Barbscloud

I didn't have much of any physical withdrawal symptoms.  Mine was more emotional.

Barb

indingrl

Welcome and thank YOU so much for wondering and asking and  YES - FACT - MY experience -  it is a mental obsession to. - USE MY DRUG NICOTINE to escape MY issues inside of ME - please I am talking about ME not anyone else- EDUCATION is the key for ME - to - STOP old thought patterns and old thought ideas- MY OLD ways of USING NICOTINE to COPE with MY OLD twisted victim perspective of mental and emotional feeling thinking - I WANT -  I THINK - I FEEL - I NEED TO USE MY DRUG NICOTINE to smoke at people - for ME i had to be open minded and read the blogs and  I had to RE NEW MY OWN MIND - I took SUGGESTIONS from those who stayed NICOTINE FREE on this site and I learned how to accept life on life's terms day by day to grown up inside and act myage 62 not 6yr old victim child in an adult body - I had to learn-  dealing with deaths in family and dealing with MY immaturity to remain NICOTINE FREE moment by moment and to read all the information here on this RECOVERY from NICOTINE site and SUGGESTIONS to ME to go to whyquit.com and to watch the early death videos and choose what I wanted and let go of the rest- CONGRATS ON DAY TWO - GOOD JOB! - gentle hug❤

TW517

Before this current 2+ year quit, I had multiple short-term attempts at quitting.  The first 2 days were always very easy for me.  It was the 3rd and 4th days that the cravings starting getting intense.  But there are plenty of people on this site who had mild to no symptoms.  So, I guess hope for the best, but plan for what you will do if the symptoms do come.

And welcome to our EX Community!  Glad you found us!

sweetplt

You may not have any withdrawals for two days...however, I think being an addict they will come eventually in one form or another...Colleen 233 DOF 

Gwenivere

Only time will tell. I hope you do skate on the physical reactions.  You’ll have to let us know.  I’m not gonna say my experience so as not to influence your mind.  Let’s just say it is different for everyone.  

cstoppa01

You are very lucky! The first 48 hrs for me are like I’m in a strange fog and I cry at everything. What strength level were you at when quitting? Like did you taper off?

lisetterai

I’m not even sure what I’m feeling but yesterday I did cry a lot! I used the 5% juul pods and i never weaned off them, just decided to quit cold turkey. 

cstoppa01

Same! Juul at least offers 3% but now I’m vaping Njoy and they don’t have anything lower than 5. So weird that that’s the withdrawal symptom! 

0 Kudos