cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Dangerous Heat Wave

Dangerous heat way for the next few days in a lot of areas. Please be careful. Drink lots of water, stay in if you can and stay cool. I had trouble breathing just getting my mail outside. Stay safe. Aren’t you glad we don’t have to go outside to smoke?  

12 Replies
AnnetteMM

VERY glad! I have my a/c on, a full fridge, and no need to go anywhere!

sweetplt

Barb Barb102 you too be safe and stay in...like Annette I have a/c and full fridge and plan not going anywhere...I watered plants this morning and my lungs hurt ... took dog out to potty and in the house... yup lots of fluids...

I am so happy we don’t smoke anymore...going outside with cigarettes will be unbelievable...how did we do this ?

~ Colleen 226 DOF 

YoungAtHeart

I went to my outdoor pool this afternoon to swim my laps, and the cement in the SHADE under the umbrella burned the bottoms of my feet.

Now THAT is hot!  (and the water felt like a bathtub! - )

indingrl

Please take care of YOU Barb 102- gentle hug❤

elvan

I sure AM glad that I don't smoke anymore, I would have to stand outside in that heat to do it.  You be careful too, I am working tomorrow, seriously hope that the cafe is cool, sometimes, it is not.

Ellen

Global warming, maybe?.....Nah

Sootie

I sure am glad I don't smoke outside OR inside any more....but I have to say I am a LOVER OF THE HEAT! There are so few of these days and so many of the below zero type that I can't get enough of them. And if I ever feel a bit uncomfortable....I just picture ANY ONE of the hundred cold, snowy, icy days to come.........and PRESTO! Loving the heat again.

Stay cool everyone!

elvan

Sootie‌ I have to admit that I prefer the cold...I can always pile on more clothing or blankets but when it is this oppressively hot and I am down to NOTHING and still cannot get comfortable...I long for the relief of a cool spell.  We really do not get that many cold, snowy days in VA.  My oldest daughter lives south of Buffalo, NY and she LOVES the heat, it can never be too hot for her.

DonnaMarie

I much prefer fall and winter, especially winter. The crisp air has always been attractive to me. There's really not a lot about summer that I like. Grrr

Donna