cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

LauraSB

Still smoke free after Chantix

Hello all,

Just received notification I've officially been smoke-free for 6 mths today. I haven't been here for a while because I just haven't  needed much support lately, which is great! I stopped the Chantix before the end of the second 120 day Rx because I no longer needed it. Unfortunately I have gained about 10 lbs but I'll take that over still smoking. I am currently working on the weight gain and had my thyroid checked just in case after reading everything about thyroid probs. My thyroid is good. I stopped working out for a whe to due to an issue with my shoulder, so that's a contributing factor. I seem to have leveled-off at 10 lbs weight gain, which is very typical....now to crush that weight off with some cardio now that I can breathe! 

5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

Good to see you; better still to hear you are still smoke free!

That cardio is going to feel a-mazing now that you don't smoke.

Get'er done!  After all, you quit smoking, a few pounds off should be no problem!!

sweetplt

Whoo Hoo on 6 months of Freedom...super...enjoy and celebrate...~ Colleen 220 DOF 

0 Kudos
elvan

Congratulations on SIX months, that is wonderful and I agree that exercise is going to be amazingly rewarding for you!

Ellen

0 Kudos
Barbscloud

Congrats on 6 months.  That's fabulous.

Barb

0 Kudos
Strudel

Congrats on 6 months! You quit smoking so handling that 10 pounds is doable! You can do anything!

0 Kudos