cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

green1611

The City of New York

I visited the City of New York last week. It was my first time to go to New York.  Nice tall skyline. Beautiful Time Square, Wall Street, Centra Park so and so forth. Really live city, happening city, amazing..day and night.

While I enjoyed being there, it was surprise for me, because as I walk on the street, passing through the Ave, used to get strong smell of cigarette smoking. Many office goers, visitors, business doers,  choose to smoke on the street, side of the roads, footpaths, next to eating places, hotels ..every where.

For the Ex smoker like us, it was disturbing, while you try to avoid passing through the smoking guy, and try to go little away, the other smoker will pass through you from other side, leaving huge smoke. You forcefully become passive smoker at least for some time.

It did disturb my brain who had Nicotine demon sitting somewhere still.....Thanks to almighty, that I did not urge to smoke a cigarette. Not even thought of . Is it something some one experienced? 

There are no specified smoking places in New York? It is legal to smoke on the street? not sure.I understood one thing, you need to learn quitting, be safe, even if you are in such odd places !  

Smoke Free since 2053 days !... still struggled a little in New York.

5 Replies
YoungAtHeart

That bit of smoke should not reawaken your brain sensors - but it might.....just a little.  Ignore it and they should soon go back to hibernation (I am convinced they hover -  and never REALLY die - waiting for an excuse to fire again!)

I LOVE New York - the hustle and bustle and all the people going somewhere. Had not thought about all those smokers sent outside in such a crowded place.  Blech!

Glad you enjoyed it - glad, too, that we don't live there!

Nancy

indingrl

CONGRATS 2053 DAYS! 

0 Kudos
green1611

thank you so much.

0 Kudos
sweetplt

Wow ... Congratulations on a wonderful quit...the important part ... it was a bit uncomfortable all the smoke in NY, but you didn’t smoke....~ Colleen 220 DOF 

0 Kudos
elvan

What a beautiful quit, NYC is amazing, my daughter went to NYU and lives in Brooklyn now...I am always amazed at all that is going on there ALL the time.  

Congratulations on 2053 DOF...WOO HOO.

Ellen