cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Gwenivere

Mini Withdrawls

I think I already know the answer to this, but it crossed my mind and thought I would toss it out there.  When I smoked, I never woke up in withdrawl as talked about when we quit.  No tremors, sweats, etc.  within an hour I would have one. I am guessing the biggie is when it has been days when hell starts and the body flips out.  Using NRT's keeps things a bit more tolerable for me.  But wow, it’s the worst thing even with those I ever experienced and still am at over 5 months.  What I find interesting is often the supplements feel like too much nicotine when I get much less than when I smoked.  

I talked to a guy I saw vaping the other day.  He said it was just like smoking with the instant gratification.  He said he hadn’t smoked in years since doing it.  Don’t know what to make of that.  Seems like smoking to me just without all the additives.  

5 Replies
sweetplt

Hi Gwenivere always good to see you...Are you saying you are getting tremors now that you aren’t smoking? If that is the case after 5 months quit...I don’t understand...sounds like something medical...or do you think it is NRT, have you thought about seeing a neurologist for tremor’s etc., ? I am just wondering what is going on, I feel so bad for you...

Vaping and e cigs...to me are smoking too...~ I wish you could get a good day...~ hugs Colleen 165 DOF 

AnnetteMM

Vaping IS smoking, and with different additives. It's really not a safe alternative and just as addicting due to the nicotine.

Barbara145

Hi Gwen.  Vaping never lets you work through eliminating the hand to mouth thing.  It is truly a biggie.  It certainly was for me.  I think you sound a little better overall.  Wishing you a beautiful day.

Gwenivere

Thanks for all the replies.  My body is dealing with so much waking up now.  Aside from waking to back pain, feeling sick to my stomach and oxygen tubing (I was remembering when I just woke up and was groggy like normal) the doc has changed my thyroid med and everyday has been stress after stress.  I also have the nice little panic disorder to contend with.   I did see the neurologist and he said my symptoms are a benign tremor plus severe hypothyroidism.  I know the NRTs come into play once I put the patch on for the day.  It’s just tough reminding myself everyday this is a good thing.  Not that I would want anyone to suffer more, the few people that have told me it took up to a year helped. I so often feel the odd person out reading the posts.

sweetplt

Keep taking care of YOU Gwenivere and know I am sending a prayer out to you...and a cyber hug ~ Colleen 165 DOF